Who will have the best game against South Carolina? | The Boneyard

Who will have the best game against South Carolina?

Reaction Score
I thought it would be interesting to ask pre-game who will win the BA award against the national champions? And why?? Since we are at it, score prediction???

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The same player that was an absolute badass the last time these same two teams played. It's her world, the other players are just borrowing time in it!

USATSI_9876249_1487042399603_8508958_ver1.0.jpg

Reaction Score
I say the guards. With SC, the three point shot is available all the time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The same player that was an absolute badass the last time these same two teams played. It's her world, the other players are just borrowing time in it!

USATSI_9876249_1487042399603_8508958_ver1.0.jpg

If not for her sore him, Gabby was my choice.

Reaction Score
All seven of the usual suspects were mentioned already - although dangerfield and nurse only by position. I like that kind of distribution - nice time for the answer to be THE TEAM. And I think a balanced team effort and a nicely distributed result will raise Boneyard spirits as we move into the final full month of the regular season

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
In my imagination game, Geno uses Z's edge in quickness to go right at A'ja. Getting A'ja into early foul trouble and providing Dawn with lots of time to whine to the refs about how they are not letting the best player in the country play. Her pleas will fall on deaf ears because Geno's presence won't allow her to bully the officials.

My Imaginary winner is Z. In reality, I pick an adrenalin fueled Gabby.

Reaction Score
I thought it would be interesting to ask pre-game who will win the BA award against the national champions? And why?? Since we are at it, score prediction???

I suspect the Starting five will need their best game. Uconn at USC normally fires up the crowd and USC. Fouls at USC in recent games, unless I'm totally and unknowingly biased, have been most favorable to USC. Bad for Uconn.
I would LIKE Azura Stevens to have an exceptional game--that to me is important thinking of the remaining games. Megan Walker, should she get minutes and playing well would also be harbinger of things to come, I hope.

Reaction Score
I think it will be easy for a lot of UConn players to have a good game because South Carolina is not as talented as they’ve been in recent years. Outside of Ty Harris and A’ja Wilson it’s not much talent in Columbia. I could be wrong and this could be a good game, but I just don’t see it. I personally feel like UConn can neutralize all of the other players. UConn hasn’t been consistently really good like recent years this season either, but this S. Car. team doesn’t scare me like a Baylor or Miss St so I like our chances.

Reaction Score
In my imagination game, Geno uses Z's edge in quickness to go right at A'ja. Getting A'ja into early foul trouble and providing Dawn with lots of time to whine to the refs about how they are not letting the best player in the country play. Her pleas will fall on deaf ears because Geno's presence won't allow her to bully the officials.

My Imaginary winner is Z. In reality, I pick an adrenalin fueled Gabby.

My only concern is that A'ja is not an easy guard and the foul issue can easily swing the other way...

Reaction Score
I think it will be easy for a lot of UConn players to have a good game because South Carolina is not as talented as they’ve been in recent years. Outside of Ty Harris and A’ja Wilson it’s not much talent in Columbia. I could be wrong and this could be a good game, but I just don’t see it. I personally feel like UConn can neutralize all of the other players. UConn hasn’t been consistently really good like recent years this season either, but this S. Car. team doesn’t scare me like a Baylor or Miss St so I like our chances.

I am going to predict 84 - 63 and believe this will start (although the last few games have been great) to March Madness. I have heard many of the UConn players saying this time of year we can not have steps backwards, need to have everything/everybody come together and be on same page moving forward.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In last year's record-setting game against South Carolina, Lou had one of her worst shooting games (SC's defense played a role) and Kia spent a lot of time on the bench because of a bum ankle. Gabby and Napheesa were the stars in last year's game.

I expect Geno to remind Lou of her less than stellar performance against South Carolina last year and I expect Lou to respond. I also expect Kia to play well.

As for the best UConn player? Lou or Gabby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom