Who will be the second option on this team | The Boneyard

Who will be the second option on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think most of us will agree that Jeremy Lamb is going to be the primary scorer but who will be 2? My guess if that Oriahki could be that person. I think you'll see Napier or someone throw the ball down to him in the low post more this year. I think with his athleticism and strength he could put on a dominate year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm not sure the team will have a 2nd option per se. i could see Lamb averaging 18 PPG or whatever, and then Oriakhi, Napier, and Smith all slightly over 10 in the 10-13 range.

Reaction Score
One of the things that could happen this year is that teams decide that Jeremy is not going to be the one that beats them and they decide to lock him down since Kemba is gone. I think Kemba was responsible for drawing so much attention that Jeremy and others benefitted. (Not that it helped teams to focus on Kemba anyway, since he could get off his shots against just about any college D). But if so, it might be many different players getting their turn rather than the same option. It would be great if we could have a bunch of guys averaging 10-15 a game so teams couldn't focus on anyone in particular. That said, I think Alex will be much more involved in the post and I hope that Roscoe becomes much more of an offensive threat. Shabazz has been giving us great minutes and hopefully the frosh will be able to pick up the defense and offense enough to contribute right away. Giffey should also be stronger and give us many more good games than last year. I really hope that the younger guys paid attention to what Kemba did to improve his game. He made himself into a POY candidate with the work he did offseason. The change in his game was dramatic and other team's scouting never caught up. I never enjoyed one players performances so much in this team sport and even knowing that Jeremy is a star I don't expect to see that again but rather expect to go back to more balance.

Reaction Score
Whoever has the hot hand will be the second option. Some nights this will require an outside shooter like Napier and other nights it could be Oriakhi in the paint. I'm confident that we have the guys that will step up when needed. It'll be interesting to see if Giffey's production will go up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think boatright and Daniels will be x factors. Especially Daniels bc of his size and ability to score inside and outside

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Napier will have to pick up some scoring ... as will Roscoe. Hopefully Boatright and Daniels can provide what Napier and Roscoe provided as freshman last year along w/ increased scoring from Oriakhi.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think Oriakhi will be the biggest consistent contributor besides Lamb but any number of guys could step up on a game to game basis. Looking for big things from Roscoe and Bazz in particular.

Reaction Score
this team will be very balanced...imo. i could easily see 5 or 6 guys averaging between 10-15 ppg this season.

i expect, however, that AO will have more opportunities than anyone other than JL during the non-conf season. JC will want AO to establish himself and get on a roll. We will be dumping the ball down low a lot in the beginning...what happens after that will be based on the results.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi, no doubt. He is turning into a man and I expect him to be one of the best big men in the country next year. With his talent, I don't think those expectations are unreasonable.

Reaction Score
On most nights it will be AO. I think bazz will be a facilitator but at times have to look for his shot when teams are over playing Lamb. Roscoe should be a high contributor as well.

Reaction Score
I think most of us will agree that Jeremy Lamb is going to be the primary scorer but who will be 2? My guess if that Oriahki could be that person. I think you'll see Napier or someone throw the ball down to him in the low post more this year. I think with his athleticism and strength he could put on a dominate year.
Ummm Drummond? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger