Who will be the most improved Husky next year? | The Boneyard

Who will be the most improved Husky next year?

Who will be the most improved Husky next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
With the loss of Lou and Pheesa our remaining players are going to have to step up to fill that void.
Who do you think will be the most improved Husky next year?

CRYSTAL DANGERFIELD
Great player and obvious key for us. She plays at a pretty high level already. How much better can she be?

MEGAN WALKER
Made great strides this past year. Does the absence of Lou and Pheesa give her space to fully grow into her potential?

CHRISTYN WILLIAMS
Obviously, she's an incredibly talented kid. With a year as a starter under her belt is she poised to make a big soph jump?

OLIVIA NELSON-ODODA

Slow start to the season, but she really came on at the end. Will she be physically ready to bang with high major bigs and mentally ready to do it without fouling out?

BATOULY CAMARA
Good athlete slowed by injury. Will she be healthy enough to play to her full potential?

I'm leaning toward Liv myself, with Christyn as a close second. The sophomore jump is a real thing as we've seen over the years. I do expect Megan to assert herself much more and Crystal to look to score more. But I think Liv will have the biggest jump because we need her to.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think that ONO will make the biggest jump with the greatest contribution, so I voted for her, but I think we'll get surprising production out of Kyla and Batouly. I don't see us getting another post sized player next year, and with more minutes for Kyla and a healthy Batouly, I think we'll see some pretty measurable gains from both of them.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Crystal, Megan and Christyn will all step up big time next year, but for UConn to make it back to their 13th straight FF, Liv has got to be dominant in the post. She needs to add 10-15 lbs of muscle, improve her defensive footwork and stance and be able to finish consistently around the rim.

I think Liv will do all of that and more as UConn’s most improved player. It’s going to be an incredible sophomore leap for the long-legged young lady from Winder, GA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She needs to add 10-15 lbs of muscle
That's ton of added muscle mass for a 19 year old girl. Pretty tough even for a guy to do it in 6 months.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's ton of added muscle mass for a 19 year old girl. Pretty tough for a even for a guy to do it in 6 months.
She is 6’5”. With the right diet and training program it’s very doable.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I just re-watched the UConn-ND game in Tampa. ONO was really effective and impressive, particularly in the second quarter when Brianna Turner was on the bench with foul trouble. I think she has already done the hardest part of her improvement, which is learning her offensive and defensive roles and executing them. Now it is a question of physical development and some refinements -- on offense, to make quick reads and decisions without slowing down the rest of the offense, and on defense, to move her feet more effectively in man-to-man defense and make better reads. On one play, she got one step too far away from Turner, and Mabrey hit Turner with a perfect pass through the 1-3-1 zone. That is going to happen against a team like Notre Dame, but still it is a fixable problem.

Reaction Score
The most important player for next season to show improvement is ONO. As our only real big, if she'll play well it will open the floor for CW, MW and CD.

Reaction Score
CW only gave us a glimpse of what she is capable of. Give her the ball and space and let her do her thing...will be like Arike Ogumawable.

Reaction Score
I went with Williams, if the team starts the season with the current roster, I think a 20,5 and 5 type of season will be needed from her for us to get back to the final four.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
She is 6’5”. With the right diet and training program it’s very doable.

She should be staying at Geno's house until the season starts. Pasta, bread and Italian pastries will put that weight on her before one can say "can I have another helping of Tiramisu please!" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
it sure better be ONO if UConn wants to contend for an NC next season.......................13/8 avg should be very achievable if she gets starting minutes................

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She should be staying at Geno's house until the season starts. Pasta, bread and Italian pastries will put that weight on her before one can say "can I have another helping of Tiramisu please!" :rolleyes:
I was looking for 10-15 lbs of muscle, not 10-15 lbs of baby fat. :confused: Lots of protein would be the preferred diet.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I picked the "other" option.
Westbrook !! She'd be going from one of the worst coaches to the best.
Ono would be my pick for existing UConn players.
Somewhat overconfident? Hope you’re correct.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I picked Olivia, largely because she was inconsistent and still learning this year. I think she will make a nice sophomore leap and a nice junior leap.

I think Crystal will improve, but she was really good already. Meg made a nice sophomore leap, but can improve on layups and turnovers, at least. She’ll be better.

I think Squeaks will take a big step. Lou basically promised it. She could average 18 ppg and make AA. She’s my second choice.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think Olivia will make a big jump. I am also going with Christyn, Crystal and Megan. With Lou and Napheesa gone everyone will have to step-up. Right now no one knows if UConn will add to the roster for the 2019-2020 season.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm going with CW. I align with those posters who have used variations of the word "beast" for next year.

That said. . . I hope it's Liv.

Regarding Crystal: I'm not sure how much better she will be physically, but I'd like to see a little bit better judgment on the court. By that I mean eschew the high degree of difficulty play in favor of the simpler, yet effective, play.

I love watching her in home games where she goes for a show-stopper, but when the chips are down, make the play that needs to be made.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom