Who will be the leading scorer? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will be the leading scorer?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
IMO, I just don't see Crystal scoring less points than she did last year.

She’s a pass first pg. If the ebb and flow of the offense is running hot straight and normal, she’s not going to have take a lot of shots.

Now if the defense mistakes her for Moses, and creates/leaves a huge gap between her and the basket, then of course she’s going to drive the lane, because no one else will have a better shot than she will.

The same is true if they sag off of her trying to clog the lane, and double team ONO. Dangerfield has been pass first since she got here. I don’t expect her to change now, especially with the shooters she’ll be on the floor with. I’m wondering if one ball will be enough for our girls. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree 100% that Megan needs to be at the 3 and not the 4, but that would require a semi-big (i.e., NOT Westbrook) to be the 5th starter and play in the 4 position. Candidates: Evelyn, Aubrey, Anna, and Batouly -- probably in that order of plausibility.

I think most of you are underestimating the point contribution of Aubrey Griffin. It would be more interesting if you also projected minutes per game in addition to PPG. I think Aubrey will play 15-20 minutes and score 7-9 points per game. I think she will also help out measurably in other dimensions, such as rebounding, defense, shot blocking, and steals. In other words, a Gabby Williams wannabe.

I like your thoughts and comments. I hope they come to fruition. Especially those about Aubrey. :)

Reaction Score
As long as UConn outscores the other team.... anyone can be

Reaction Score
I’m interested in who everyone thinks will be UConn’s leading scorer this upcoming season. How about top 3 scorers? How many points do you think they will average? I personally think we will see different players each night lead the huskies. Last season it was mostly Phee then Lou who led. I imagine this season it’ll be more balanced among CW, Dangerfield, MW, ONO, Westbrook (if eligible) scoring team highs. In terms of ppg I’d say CW leads with about 16, but Dangerfield (15ppg), MW (15ppg), ONO(13ppg), not far behind (in that order). Thoughts?
My being a basketball coach for many years has [I think] made me analytical and my gut tells me that if the team plays unselfishly, then, the "natural" scorers will get the most points night in, night out.
My keen eye tells me that the natural scorers - so many ways to score - are Aubrey, Evelyn and Christyn, in that order. AG is a scoring machine, I can tell you that and EA is a "relentless" scorer. We'll see. I think everyone will put up numbers but not as many as these three. If Geno lets the chips fall where the may, these are my Top Three.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My being a basketball coach for many years has [I think] made me analytical and my gut tells me that if the team plays unselfishly, then, the "natural" scorers will get the most points night in, night out.
Don't really follow. Those are like opposite ways to look at this.
giphy.gif

My keen eye tells me that the natural scorers - so many ways to score - are Aubrey, Evelyn and Christyn, in that order. AG is a scoring machine, I can tell you that and EA is a "relentless" scorer. We'll see. I think everyone will put up numbers but not as many as these three. If Geno lets the chips fall where the may, these are my Top Three.
I'm not gonna go with your eyes on this one. CW, sure. Griffin and Adebayo?, don't think they'll be in the top 3, 4 or 5 scorers. Maybe one of them will be #5 if Westbrook can't play.

Reaction Score
Don't really follow. Those are like opposite ways to look at this.
giphy.gif

I'm not gonna go with your eyes on this one. CW, sure. Griffin and Adebayo?, don't think they'll be in the top 3, 4 or 5 scorers. Maybe one of them will be #5 if Westbrook can't play.
Again, if Geno lets them play, AG & EA will have gr8 numbers .. they just have so many ways to score .. we'll see; you have your reasons, I got mine, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom