Who will be our next coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will be our next coach?

Who will be our next coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Try an Irish guy for a change - Tom O'Brien?
He did the game today - only problem - he's about age 68?

Reaction Score
I don't know who the next coach is but this better be the bottom and the worst coaching staff ever. There has to be a guy out there who can come here and fix this. I bought a powerball ticket too, hoping I can help out. The kids down the street play football everyday , hire them if no one wants the job.

Reaction Score
Didn't Syracuse have a guy who coached them In their last successful run. He had a sidekick with him. Heard he had strong ties to CT high schools.

Maybe Uconn can find that guy and pin their future with him.

Can't remember his name though.

Reaction Score
Who ever it is - no buy out - Let them fix the program and move on. Then we can get a guy a new guy to take it to the next step.
No extension after 2 seasons with additional buyout $$$ tacked on. Diaco hit the lotto himself signing that thing.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Jim Tressel and Joe Moorhead should be on the reasonable candidate list too. Will need to come in at, minimum, $2M/yr and commit to paying for good assistants. But what's the point in having a $72M AD budget if we're going to pinch pennies in the only sport that could eventually get us out of the G5?
How old is Tressel?

Reaction Score
A different tact would be to just fold the football program effective the end of the season. There is really no hope for the program. This would allow for the removal of the snake oil salesman and give the players an out to transfer to another program without any penalty (sit out a year). Plus, UConn needs to cut 10% from their budget. Cutting the football program should realize substantial savings and negate tuition increases or teaching cuts.
Delete your account

Reaction Score
A different tact would be to just fold the football program effective the end of the season. There is really no hope for the program. This would allow for the removal of the snake oil salesman and give the players an out to transfer to another program without any penalty (sit out a year). Plus, UConn needs to cut 10% from their budget. Cutting the football program should realize substantial savings and negate tuition increases or teaching cuts.
Delete your account

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Try an Irish guy for a change - Tom O'Brien?
He did the game today - only problem - he's about age 68?

I was going to suggest O'Brien
He must have averaged 8 wins a season at BC

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What is it about good track records so many on the BY don't like?

Sounds like another member of your Good Old Boys Club. This program needs a strong national search that cultivates the best candidate regardless of where they are originally from.

C

Chief00

Sounds like another member of your Good Old Boys Club. This program needs a strong national search that cultivates the best candidate regardless of where they are originally from.

That's the same BS process that got us Diaco. We need a AD with some balls who will own the decision - when Turner hired Calhoun and Geno he had no national firm to cover his butt.

I would hire OBrien or Weist.

I called Diaco's BS out the night he gave a speech at the basketball game promising the students free pizza trying to upstage Calhoun. That was before he even coached a game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That's the same BS process that got us Diaco. We need a AD with some balls who will own the decision - when Turner hired Calhoun and Geno he had no national firm to cover his butt.

I would hire OBrien or Weist.

I called Diaco's BS out the night he gave a speech at the basketball game promising the students free pizza trying to upstage Calhoun. That was before he even coached a game.

That has nothing to do with Diaco's BS and everything to do with your hypersensitivity regarding Calhoun. Diaco has been an extremely poor coach for a number of reasons, none of it has to do with "upstaging Calhoun" - that's absolute junk that is completely irrelevant to the performance of the football team. Nobody gives a crap about it but you.

The one person on this earth I am closest to was intimately involved in Calhoun and Geno's hiring - Calhoun had a great track record of team success and player development at NEU, and both made their intelligence and alacrity very well known during their interviews. They were brought about because they were the best for the job, not because they were your pals.

Reaction Score
I think Stairmaster hit the nail on the head. We miss on hiring the best guy for the job. Geno & Calhoun fit the the mold. Diaco hasn't shown that at all. In year 3 with the aforementioned coaches they showed they turned the corner by walking the walk. Getting lip service from Diaco, like we're idiots. He might be a nice guy and all but not what we need in developing our football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom