Who will be our next coach?

Who will be our next coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Everyone who wants Diaco gone should go out an immediately invest $10 in Powerball, pledging 10% of the after tax winnings (which should exceed $100 million and hell, you're going to need contributions for tax purposes) to UConn football. $5 million for the buyout and another $5 million to subsidize the needed increase in coaches salaries. I already have and while the odds are very long, they appear to be better than the odds that Diaco can turn things around here.

Reaction Score
Who ever it is - no buy out - Let them fix the program and move on. Then we can get a guy a new guy to take it to the next step.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would go with Fleck from that list, but I don't believe that UConn will be able to win the inevitable bidding war that is on the horizon for Fleck. So I clicked "other". And I literally mean any "other" than Diaco. I'd take Betty White to coach this team before wanting Diaco one more year...

maxresdefault.jpg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Fleck will have 1000x better offers. uconn is hardly more than a lateral move. he'll be at purdue or houston. our best bet is to throw $$$ at moorhead

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Fleck will have 1000x better offers. uconn is hardly more than a lateral move. he'll be at purdue or houston. our best bet is to throw $$$ at moorhead
I didn't pick him, but if Jason Candle is still around after New Years, I would grab him. He's gone 10-2 in the last two years for Toledo.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Jim Tressel and Joe Moorhead should be on the reasonable candidate list too. Will need to come in at, minimum, $2M/yr and commit to paying for good assistants. But what's the point in having a $72M AD budget if we're going to pinch pennies in the only sport that could eventually get us out of the G5?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Jim Tressel and Joe Moorhead should be on the reasonable candidate list too. Will need to come in at, minimum, $2M/yr and commit to paying for good assistants. But what's the point in having a $72M AD budget if we're going to pinch pennies in the only sport that could eventually get us out of the G5?
We should cut m/w cross country, m golf, m/w tennis pronto. Saving money there will allow us to be able to focus on sports that really matter (no offense to those three).

Reaction Score
UConn wants to become a member of a power conference, with this team? If the locomotive pulls the football train, UConn is using a coal fired steam driven engine being fed by a man shoveling the coal with broken arms while most everyone else is using a Bullet Train

Never did I think anyone would make Coach PP look like Bear Bryant, but Coach Bob is trying hard to do so. I feel sorry for his assistants, hope they find decent jobs.

Better get to The Rent early next week to find a parking space, might be crowded for Coach Bob's going away party, yeah sure!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I didn't pick him, but if Jason Candle is still around after New Years, I would grab him. He's gone 10-2 in the last two years for Toledo.

It doesn't seem like you can go wrong by plucking a head coach from the MAC. The list of MAC coaches that have gone on to incredible success at higher levels is Yoooge! Bo Schembechler, Woody Hayes, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly...the list goes on and on. Just one MAC school alone is known as "The Cradle of Coaches"...Miami of Ohio. Carm Cozza who coached at Yale for many years, plus his predecessor at Yale, John Pont, came from Miami.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Morehead is one more good season from getting a P5 job. He ain't coming back.

Go find a guy no one has heard of and surprise us by being a great FB coach.

Reaction Score
A different tact would be to just fold the football program effective the end of the season. There is really no hope for the program. This would allow for the removal of the snake oil salesman and give the players an out to transfer to another program without any penalty (sit out a year). Plus, UConn needs to cut 10% from their budget. Cutting the football program should realize substantial savings and negate tuition increases or teaching cuts.

Reaction Score
A different tact would be to just fold the football program effective the end of the season. There is really no hope for the program. This would allow for the removal of the snake oil salesman and give the players an out to transfer to another program without any penalty (sit out a year). Plus, UConn needs to cut 10% from their budget. Cutting the football program should realize substantial savings and negate tuition increases or teaching cuts.
good luck to your inbox

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Bad idea Señor Wences.

Reaction Score

This is Jason Candle's first year at Toledo. He took over when Matt Campbell left for Iowa State following last season

Reaction Score
It's pretty apparent that the only head coaches UConn has had since upgrading to D-1 have all struggled to recruit enough good players to turn the corner and make this a successful football program. By the time UConn "SHARED" Big East honors the league was already watered down with V. Tech and Miami out the door and Pitt, Cuse, BC, WVU soon to follow. It's going to take an incredible hire to turn this sinking ship around now. The facilities are in place. There's a state full of fans for the taking if the right guy could come in and harness all this.

Reaction Score
Morehead is one more good season from getting a P5 job. He ain't coming back.

Go find a guy no one has heard of and surprise us by being a great FB coach.

I agree. I think he has 2 seasons more tops in HV before he takes a P5 Job. The name on this list that people are overlooking is Neal Brown at Troy. I think he would be a great hire for you guys.

Runs a high tempo spread offense.
Considered to be a hands on offensive coach especially with QBs.
Played at UK under Hal Mumme and Mike Leach.
Transferred and graduated from Umass.
Coached at a few stops in the Northeast
Later coached in both The SEC and Big 12 as an OC
Young guy(36) who would view Uconn/AAC as a career upgrade to the Sunbelt.
Currently only making around 700K.
Most important he's proven to be able to take existing personnel and make it fit his system.

There would definitely be some bumps in the road, but if you are going to rebuild and likely lose a bunch of games anyway, I'm sure fans would prefer to see the team score points in the process. Losing a fast paced 38-31 contest where fans believe you could actually win beats the hell out of losing 13-9.

Reaction Score
Charlie Strong will be available. Oddly enough he had a worse day than Diaco, although that would have seemed impossible.

Reaction Score
I know the guy has never been east... but Beau Baldwin is a really interesting possibility. He's worth a phone call.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Charlie Strong will be available. Oddly enough he had a worse day than Diaco, although that would have seemed impossible.
I heard it was Kansas' first win over Texas since 1938. Wow!!!!!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
This is Jason Candle's first year at Toledo. He took over when Matt Campbell left for Iowa State following last season
He coached their bowl game last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek