Who will be our best player this year? | The Boneyard

Who will be our best player this year?

Reaction Score
“Best” is very subjective I understand. There are a lot of ways to define “best.” Is it the most indispensable player? Our top scorer? Our best 2-way player? With so much depth on this team it’s hard to answer this question. I’d have to go with Clingan, but I could make an argument for about 3-4 other guys too.

Reaction Score
Clingan impacts the game in a way that no one else in college basketball can replicate. Gun to my head I pick him. But you could very easily sell me on Newton, Spencer, Castle, and Karaban (who I think will be one of the best 4's in the entire country this season)

Reaction Score
Is it the most indispensable player? Clingan, there's a backup at every other position where the dropoff wouldn't alter the expectations. Losing Clingan would

Our top scorer? Probably Castle, but I expect Castle, Spencer, Clingan, Newton to all be around 12-15 points per game

Our best 2-way player? Clingan

So based on that I guess the answer is Clingan

Reaction Score
It's very corny, but I think we're going to have 5 best players this year.

The starting lineup is incredibly balanced and also unselfish, so the ball and points are going to be spread around.

Reaction Score
“Best” is very subjective I understand. There are a lot of ways to define “best.” Is it the most indispensable player? Our top scorer? Our best 2-way player? With so much depth on this team it’s hard to answer this question. I’d have to go with Clingan, but I could make an argument for about 3-4 other guys too.
It better be Clingan if we expect to have a shot at #6

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Is it the most indispensable player? Clingan, there's a backup at every other position where the dropoff wouldn't alter the expectations. Losing Clingan would

Our top scorer? Probably Castle, but I expect Castle, Spencer, Clingan, Newton to all be around 12-15 points per game

Our best 2-way player? Clingan

So based on that I guess the answer is Clingan
We agree.

duck and cover vintage GIF by absurdnoise

Reaction Score
Karaban seems like he's one of the most slept-on players on our whole team (purely as a byproduct of returning Newton, Clingan, and recruiting a talented freshman+Spencer class). I feel like he's going to avenge the BE FOY snubbing he got last year.

Reaction Score
Karaban seems like he's one of the most slept-on players on our whole team (purely as a byproduct of returning Newton, Clingan, and recruiting a talented freshman+Spencer class). I feel like he's going to avenge the BE FOY snubbing he got last year.
I don’t think he’s slept on, I just don’t think he has the breakout game potential that most others have. I think he is an incredibly steady player who will average 10-12 and not have many ebbs and flows. But I think that’s completely necessary and valuable on this team.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s slept on, I just don’t think he has the breakout game potential that most others have. I think he is an incredibly steady player who will average 10-12 and not have many ebbs and flows. But I think that’s completely necessary and valuable on this team.
And hit a 3 with less than 5 seconds left in the first half in at least a dozen games.

Reaction Score
Karaban and Spencer on their scoring abilities... Clingan right up there too...

Reaction Score
Karaban. He's been here the longest and knows Hurley system real well.

He's the one player that can bring a little of everything from our NBA big 3.

Jackson's leadership
Sanogo's rebounding
Hawkin's shooting

Plus he has his own set of tools. He may have often deferred somewhat last year but this is his team now. I expect his production to soar.

To me without Karaban we would have no chance of repeating.

Reaction Score
Really surprised at the diversity of opinion. If we’re going to be great this year – win the conference finally or get back to the Final Four — the answer is Clingan. Because none of the other candidates is going to be a first team All American. Clingan could be.

rgw

Reaction Score
I believe Newton will lead in scoring and I expect a couple triple doubles. I also believe it will be a different player from game to game. We are stacked both in the inside and perimeter games. I think 6at minimum or 7 guys could be the player of a game. Depends on what strength the opponent wants to limit Can’t wait to get this season started lots of fun

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom