Who will BD bring in? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will BD bring in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree and disagree...your "must keeps" include an emphasis on recruiting, players and what you retain....including a prolific up and coming air attack the likes we haven't seen in years/ever and a committ
from Arkeel who is thee most prolific RB in CT history (10,426 yards/ 183 td's), 6th alltime nationally.

BTW...Urban Meyer kept Luke Fickell (OSU Interim HC) on as D.C./Linebackers/Recruiting after he took over at OSU
Fickell was a true interim and was never a candidate for the job. Weist was given the job and told it was his audition. Maybe I am wrong, but I think keeping Weist around has far more risk than reward.

Reaction Score
I'd leep Weist and/or Day. Foley absolutely. Hughes would need to be demoted. Indifferent about Buggs.

Weist's ego has to be damaged so that might be a tough one

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
Weist was on the staff that replaced these guys at Cincy after they followed Kelly to ND

I imagine the interview starts with, BD asking TJ to go get his shine box.

Reaction Score

Weist would be wise to try to stay on and Diaco would be wise to try to keep him. Casey has a chance to be a very good QB, if we start lighting up the scoreboard next year Weist's stock will soar and he may get offers to continue his head coaching career.

If Diaco's stock soars and he moves on Weist may get another shot at the UCONN job.

Reaction Score
I was wondering what type of guy he would bring in, seeing that he is a former DC. Who better to run it than his DL coach.

I hope Kelley doesn't offer the DL coach the DC position for ND.

Reaction Score
I'd leep Weist and/or Day. Foley absolutely. Hughes would need to be demoted. Indifferent about Buggs.

But in all honesty, TJW ego shouldn't really be that damaged.

Reaction Score
Kermit is a solid recruiter, hope Foley and a few stay, Hank is a goner.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kermit is a solid recruiter, hope Foley and a few stay, Hank is a goner.

Hank leaving is a very safe bet.

He did well here. Some good defenses, some not so much, but it's always been apparent that he was all in for the University and the players.

Reaction Score
I posted in another thread, a very connected ND fan friend of mine believes Diaco will want to bring his DL coach along to be the DC here. Apparently a really good guy as well, the ND fan was sad about him possibly leaving as well.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
What is the deal with these reporters? Some coaches have already indicated they are moving on, but he doesnt know who. WTF?

Now that's funny. LOL. "Hey - I got a scoop on something happening, I just don't know what it is yet....."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller5:37pm via TweetDeck
#UConn football coach Bob Diaco said he wants to meet with all current staff members from Monday-Wednesday

Good to see. Waiting until next week is also a good idea. Gives Diaco time to figure out what outsiders he knows that are interested in coming and gives the current assistants time to figure out if they even want to stay before talking to Diaco.

The worst thing that I see with first time HC's is when they clean house and then bring two position coaches from their last gig and make them coordinators. That never works. Good to see Diaco taking a more professional approach.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Going to a 3-4 it'd obviously be great to bring in a guy who has also taught it well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I will be interested to see if he goes through with the 3-4. I think he will have trouble finding the athletes for a 3-4 at UConn, but UConn has always been able to get the tackles for a 4-3.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not a big fan of ex-players publicly lobbying for DJ on tweeter. Be a professional and do it in person or on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom