Who will BD bring in? | The Boneyard

Who will BD bring in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be OK with most of the remaining staff staying, and I know we're a few guys short, so he can bring some new blood in too. Any names being tossed around?

Reaction Score
That's the million dollar question right now. With any luck we'll get some answers at the presser today.

Reaction Score
I expect we won't hear much about his new staff for a few days. even if he has guys in mind, it will take a while to line them up, get confirmation and so on. I suspect there will be quite a bit of change

Reaction Score
I think it is time for some new blood on the staff. I can't see many..if any hold overs from Edsall's staff staying. Diaco needs to bring in some good recruiters. He is now the closer...not the guy knocking on doors to make the initial contacts.

Reaction Score
Gotta figure he will keep at least two guys for continuity purposes, and recruiting knowledge. The question would be who?

Reaction Score
Gotta figure he will keep at least two guys for continuity purposes, and recruiting knowledge. The question would be who?
Easy answer - Who is the best position coach coupled with the best recruiter? Also, if it is a D guy, does the coach want to move into a different role on the new staff? He keeps 1 in my mind. Toss up between Buggs and Fogerty.

Reaction Score
Am I right in thinking it would be strange if he didn't keep a few though, right?

Reaction Score
If I were BD I would keep TJW and Shane Day since the kids on offense respond well to them, and TJW has a great reputation as being a good recruiter, Brian Lemelle as an example. Also, keep buggs as the Defensive Back coach since thats the position he coached at Penn State with success and he's also a great recruiter, Khairi Fortt and Silas Redd for example. The rest gots to go!

Edit: He must retain Foley as well as OL coach

Reaction Score
If I were BD I would keep TJW and Shane Day since the kids on offense respond well to them, and TJW has a great reputation as being a good recruiter, Brian Lemelle as an example. Also, keep buggs as the Defensive Back coach since thats the position he coached at Penn State with success and he's also a great recruiter, Khairi Fortt and Silas Redd for example. The rest gots to go!

Nobody takes a HC job with any must keeps. And if you are the new guy, no way you keep the former interim head coach. The potential conflicts and issues that could arise would be a greater risk than any potential benefit. If Diaco did not articulate who he saw/had lined up as potential staff, then this is not a good hire by Manual. But I think Manual knows enough to have asked who were the key people/coordinators that Diaco wanted to hire and what their salary requirements would be. I agree with keeping Buggs.

Reaction Score

Those are the same four I would like to see him keep. However, he needs to be given the opportunity to form his own group of coaches with the mindset that he values. Who knows, he may wipe the slate clean and bring in all of his own guys. But hopefully...he will decide to include at least a couple of those four.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Did you know there's an O Line coach on staff who's offensive lines have produced two 2,000 yard rushers and a guy who ran for 1816 yards. Every time I start to look at Mike Foley's resume it amazes me. Of the 30ish RBs who have rushed for over 2,000 yards in FCS and FBS history two of them ran behind Mike Foley lines.

Reaction Score
Nobody takes a HC job with any must keeps. And if you are the new guy, no way you keep the former interim head coach. The potential conflicts and issues that could arise would be a greater risk than any potential benefit. If Diaco did not articulate who he saw/had lined up as potential staff, then this is not a good hire by Manual. But I think Manual knows enough to have asked who were the key people/coordinators that Diaco wanted to hire and what their salary requirements would be. I agree with keeping Buggs.

Well, you know what I meant. I wish he keeps Foley simply because he's great at what he does at the OL position.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, you know what I meant. I wish he keeps Foley simply because he's great at what he does at the OL position.

You know, it's amazing how little positive publicity Foley has received over the years. If anyone requires any further evidence that he is great at what he does, I would recommend them to see running back yardage from before, during, and after the exact moment that GDL took over the OL. Then Foley comes back in, and not only were our running backs doing the job on the ground again, but we haven't let up a sack in over three games...not bad... :)

Reaction Score
Warde is on record in today's USA Today as saying that "This is being done so we can win now, not 4 years from now". That makes me wonder if Diaco expressed an interest keeping the momentum going on the offensive side of the ball and keeping that staff.

When you start over from scratch it makes it difficult to win right away. Continuity on offense would be a good thing.

Reaction Score
You know, it's amazing how little positive publicity Foley has received over the years. If anyone requires any further evidence that he is great at what he does, I would recommend them to see running back yardage from before, during, and after the exact moment that GDL took over the OL. Then Foley comes back in, and not only were our running backs doing the job on the ground again, but we haven't let up a sack in over three games...not bad... :)

Your 100% right Foley brought back life at the OL position.

Reaction Score

Agree and disagree...your "must keeps" include an emphasis on recruiting, players and what you retain....including a prolific up and coming air attack the likes we haven't seen in years/ever and a committ
from Arkeel who is thee most prolific RB in CT history (10,426 yards/ 183 td's), 6th alltime nationally.

BTW...Urban Meyer kept Luke Fickell (OSU Interim HC) on as D.C./Linebackers/Recruiting after he took over at OSU

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Truth is the biggest problems on our staff were relieved of their duties four weeks in this season. But, all up to HCBD and who he clicks with.

Reaction Score
Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch 1m
Bob Diaco plans to offer the defensive coordinator job to Notre Dame DL coach Mike Elston, per source.
Good hire. Great profile. Played at Michigan and has followed Kelly as well from Cincy to ND. He was actually AHC at Cincy.

With all of these Cincy connections you'd have to think it would bode well for Weist, assuming he was well regarded by other members of the staff.

Reaction Score
Weist was on the staff that replaced these guys at Cincy after they followed Kelly to ND

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe he will bring in Matt Cersosimo to be WR coach.

Reaction Score
Only assistant coaches I have ever been impressed with are Foley and Weist. I would want to keep Wholley, but thats mostly because I think its cool to have at least one alum on the staff, I could understand if he didn't have a place.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
TJW has already siad he's open to staying on at OC... I say Diaco keeps TJW if a deal can be worked out and the two see eye to eye on things (both strong, energetic personalities), and also keeps Shane Day (help Casey along futher) and Mike Foley for OL coach...

On a related note, I'm proposing that we all start using the hashtag "#DiacosDogs" when Tweeting anything related to the FB team. Thoughts? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom