Who was most thwarted by injuries? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who was most thwarted by injuries?

Who is the player most thwarted by injuries?

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Brit was a consensus #1, but I recall that Candace Parker won some NPOY awards as a high school junior.

Correct, Hunter was consensus #1 and won Parade HS POY. Parker as a junior took home the rest of the POY awards (Naismith/Gatorade/USA Today).

Hunter actually participated in the dunk contest and was the first girl to ever do so but failed to complete any.

It's hard to say how good she would've been....she was ranked #1 but her HS class was incredibly weak. The main standouts of that class were Tiffany Jackson, Jessica Davenport and Ivory Latta. For #1 recruits, I don't think she was ever viewed as a particularly strong #1 recruit but she obviously would've had a much much better career if she stayed healthy and could've been a difference maker for either Duke or UCONN if healthy from 2004-2007. It's just hard to assess her since we really never saw her play healthy. Compared to someone like Ralph, we saw how good she was for much of her career playing healthy and then saw her reduced quality of play once injuries took their toll.

Reaction Score
Nicole Wolff was a freshman starter and then not. Very sad and lost potential.

Yes, she was a tremendous player in her first games. Then came an injury. A comeback was thwarted by another injury. And whether it was a mental block, or pain associated with her injuries, or permanent disability that kept her from performing, she was never again more than a shadow of what she was in that early freshman season.

A promising career nipped in the bud.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom