Who uses the watch ESPN app? | The Boneyard

Who uses the watch ESPN app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
how is it on the iPhone? Not sure if il be around any tvs if uconn advances to Thursday and Friday

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The quality for me varies on Internet connection. So normally it looks very good.

Reaction Score
Not sure about iPhone, but it is one of the worst apps I have on my iPad. It often freezes or refuses to update the list of games.

Reaction Score
I have used it for a few years. Quality depends on your connection speed, but doesn't need anything exceptional.
Last year I was on a train from Grand Central to New Haven and was able to watch most of a game except for a few dead spots in cell coverage.

The app is free but you need a Cable account login (like what you use to pay your bill, etc). I suggest setting that up in advance (although it does seem to prompt for login if you have not connected in a few days).

Reaction Score
Watched the football game last weekend on iPhone 6plus over wifi and it was crystal clear. Like watching on a mini flatscreen tv. Can't speak to how it looks without a strong wifi signal though. Good luck.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not an apple product person but the obvious statements about signal strength hold true. I've watched UConn games on a variety of Android and Amazon products and as long as the signal was good, the quality was good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Works okay - it's a bit wonky at times, but that's the rule with ESPN mobile apps. (I don't think anyone important at ESPN ever uses their apps...if they did, some glaring s--- would get fixed.)

I generally have no trouble even on a cellular connection. (I watched the UConn-Houston game on my phone at a swim meet in the absolute sticks of New York state. It pays to have a large data plan if your kid is in a sport that involves 45 seconds of action followed by an hour of other people's stupid kids doing their thing.)

The video will crash at times, but a pause/play cycle cures it for a while.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thanks. Also don't you have to sign in with your cable provider?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Works okay - it's a bit wonky at times, but that's the rule with ESPN mobile apps. (I don't think anyone important at ESPN ever uses their apps...if they did, some glaring s--- would get fixed.)

I generally have no trouble even on a cellular connection. (I watched the UConn-Houston game on my phone at a swim meet in the absolute sticks of New York state. It pays to have a large data plan if your kid is in a sport that involves 45 seconds of action followed by an hour of other people's stupid kids doing their thing.)

The video will crash at times, but a pause/play cycle cures it for a while.

Funny stuff. I was at my kids' end of season soccer tournament last weekend. I started watching the basketball game against Furman. At halftime of the basketball game I saw the amount of data I was using and the score of the game. I shut it off. At least swimming has 45 seconds of action.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Also don't you have to sign in with your cable provider?

You do. I use it primarily on my iPad but I've never had an issue with the picture quality, etc. Interestingly, the only time it acted up was when the cable on the tv in my office was out and I tried to use it with my firm's network. Then it was choppy and sh__ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom