Who To Scapegoat? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who To Scapegoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Easy answer for me: Comcast.

My new Comcast remote freaked out with a minute-plus when we were up four. It threw me off the channel with no notice and was having a very difficult time communicating with the new Comcast box, which was apparently trying to tell me that the DVR recording of the game was finished. I tried frantically to get back to the game but there was like a five second delay between me pressing buttons and the box reacting, so it went into overload and froze and I had to shut everything down. When I finally got back there were ten seconds left and we were inbounding, down one.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I blame Shabazz. He should have gotten off the bench & into the game. We certainly needed his leadership!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Easy answer for me: Comcast.

My new Comcast remote freaked out with a minute-plus when we were up four. It threw me off the channel with no notice and was having a very difficult time communicating with the new Comcast box, which was apparently trying to tell me that the DVR recording of the game was finished. I tried frantically to get back to the game but there was like a five second delay between me pressing buttons and the box reacting, so it went into overload and froze and I had to shut everything down. When I finally got back there were ten seconds left and we were inbounding, down one.
I would call that a blessing

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I would call that a blessing
Once my brother texted me the details of what happened in the interim I did kind of feel that way--so much so that I instantly deleted the DVR recording so I couldn't go back and watch it.

Turned on the GOP debate instead for some much-needed comic relief. I concluded that Hillary, Bernie and Trump are to blame for the horrendous result last night. Oh, and the game, too.

Reaction Score
Did you hear the commentators last night?
On the last play the ball was designed to get to RP who was open but SG decided it was his time to be the hero
Im not sure if these guys follow directions
Just a thought - not a cure
The commentator last nite was Len Elmore, who has absolutely no clue as to what he's watching. Down 1, the idea of putting the ball in the hands of the worst free thrower shooter on the court is laughable. The idea that you think Elmore has any idea of what was being called by KO is an even bigger joke.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
KO cannot "make" a leader, but he sure as hell should be able to designate who is the player he wants attacking a defense on a given possession.
I think Ollie has basically picked DHam to be that guy and he hasn't changed after 2 months of horrible slump. Especially at crunch time. I really don't get it.

I think our best guy at the end of our games has been Gibbs. Obviously not yesterday. But think back to the close games we won. Gibbs turned a corner,
After him? Miller. Purvis. Who do I not want with the ball in their hands during crunch time? For the past 2 months, DHam. Turnovers and bricks. I have not seen Adams shine there either.

It is Ollie's job to maximise their skills. I don't think it is an easy task, but his big change was pretty marginal (Purvis off the bench) I'm not sure it was the right move and I don't think minutes changed much. Hamilton is still the guy. And, while he is our most talented player, I don't think he can handle it right now.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The commentator last nite was Len Elmore, who has absolutely no clue as to what he's watching. Down 1, the idea of putting the ball in the hands of the worst free thrower shooter on the court is laughable. The idea that you think Elmore has any idea of what was being called by KO is an even bigger joke.

Well, Purvis seemed to think it was coming to him too

Reaction Score
Remember the days when we used to hear about guys like Kemba, Lamb and Bazz putting in extra work on their own time? I'm not hearing that anymore. Maybe they are I'm just struggling to understand how not one player on our team has improved since last year.

Reaction Score

Why would FT shooting affect your decision of who gets the ball down by one? The other team isn't going to want to put you on the line, so you go with whoever you think can get you a bucket We went to Okafor down by one against Duke and that was with a title on the line.

I'm not saying Purvis is the best choice - but if he happens to have a favorable matchup, give him the ball. Ahead by one or two, yeah - don't put the ball in the hands of someone the other team may choose to foul if you can help it. Down by one, you can't think about anything else other than your best chance to score. Even splitting two at the line leaves you a stop from OT.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Jeff Hathaway & Mark Emmert

Reaction Score
I think many people overrate our talent by a lot. The 2 5th year transfers were nice players but basically mid-major players. Adams is a freshman who plays like a freshman and not one of those stud frosh Kentucky gets. Hamilton reminds me of a less talented version of Rudy Gay. Talented player but in no way shape or form was he the leader on any team he played on. In fact he was a much better pro than a college player. And Purvis is a question mark to me. He looked to be coming late last year but hasn't really continued this year. Brimah is still unpolished and the rest are basically average role players. Sad to say but in 4 years we've gone from a national power to a high mid-major. Part of it is the league part is that we basically missed a year of recruiting and part is coaching.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This thread really wasn't a call to name additional scapegoats. Lack of sarcasm recognition leads to irony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom