Who takes the last shot? | The Boneyard

Who takes the last shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking it's Adams or Larrier.
It's not Purvis because I don't think he can get his own shot consistently enough.
Curious to what others think

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
At this point in time, I would say that Jalen should have the ball and he can either get off his own shot or draw defenders and free up the right guy for the shot. I could see either Larrier or Purvis taking the open shot if Adams doesn't take it.

Reaction Score
I think you have both AG and JA in the game with AG attempting to get in the lane and make a play, kick out to RP, TL or JA or drop one on block to someone who can score the ball. Same can be said for JA with the ball and having Vance in the game and multiple perimeter guys which won't allow the sag by many defenders and leave JA to make a decision on getting to the hole or kicking out.

Reaction Score
Still unknown, but until a final candidate emerges it will be the last player holding the ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
JA will have the ball in his hands and he will have the choice.

Primary reasons?

He can break his man down off the dribble.

He has the vision to kick to the correct secondary choice if defense collapses.

He is strong enough to get to the rim and be creative when challenged.

He is an 80%+ FT shooter.

Great FT shooters get aggressive because they know they are nails tough from the FT line with the game in the line. It forces the defense to be passive because any foul is an automatic 2 points.

Reaction Score
First Harambe joke that's made me laugh in like 4 months. Well done.
Seriously. I generally just want to gauge my eyes out when I see one but this was dark and actually worked. Well done.

Reaction Score
Either JA or AG creating. most likely early it would be JA. Purv and VJax spotting up.

It was so painful to watch Gibbs go one on one at end games. He was such a terrific shooter but someone else needed to create. And DHam struggled in that capacity as well. With two points it will be a lot different. The key is to get a QUALITY shot, not a low-percentage heave DHam and Gibbs often were forced into taking.

2 PG U is back!

Reaction Score
No doubt it's Jalen. I only want Purvis taking the shot if it is a kickout.

Reaction Score
I'd want the ball in Jalen's hands and let him try to get his own shot or kick it out to the open guy

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Adams driving. If defense stays home go to the rim or if the defense collapses kick to open Purvis/Jackson

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Before January 1 = Jalen

After January 1 = Dagger Vance

Reaction Score
Been mulling this one over and it would be whoever can penetrate to midrange and get it off. I think that is Jalen. Jalen has backspin and touch to put it up soft enough that we can get a roll if it isn't clean. Also if he's driving and shutdown he can distribute. Would rather see this than someone hoisting a bomb and that goes for Rodney or Vance. Larrier and Facey inside for misses and put backs.

Reaction Score
maxresdefault.jpg
Jimmy Chitwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members