Who stands in UConn women’s way for the national title? Could Paige Bueckers repeat as player of the year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who stands in UConn women’s way for the national title? Could Paige Bueckers repeat as player of the year?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
-whereas last year it would not have been surprising at all and came close to happening with Arizona.
I don't remember anyone calling last year wide open; The discussion was UConn, USC, Baylor and Stanford all year, until it wasn't. If the committee hadn't seeded UConn and Baylor for an E8 game, that would have been the final four. Personally I think UConn fell into the trap of thinking 'job over' after beating Baylor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't remember anyone calling last year wide open; The discussion was UConn, USC, Baylor and Stanford all year, until it wasn't. If the committee hadn't seeded UConn and Baylor for an E8 game, that would have been the final four. Personally I think UConn fell into the trap of thinking 'job over' after beating Baylor.
I think MD was also generally in the mix.

Reaction Score
Paige won all the awards last year. If she doesn’t score as many points because there are only so many buckets to be made, should that mean she is no longer the best player? Stats are overrated. If she leads UConn to a natty, she’d have my vote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom