Who sits when Azzi comes back and why? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who sits when Azzi comes back and why?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The chemistry that this team has now make them a NC caliber team, so Geno will not disrupt what they have done to this point. What we need is players to come off the bench to give the starters a breather as well as put points on the board. 0 points by the bench yesterday, so having Caroline and Azzi come off the bench gives us a different look. We all know how great Azzi is, and next year will be a different story. Azzi and Caroline will get their minutes, and their minutes will depend on how the game is going. We don't want to overwork them unless we need them to play more for us to be successful. Having these options will make us better, but not disrupt what the present starters have accomplished. Besides, with what they have gone through, none of them deserve to be replaced in the starting line-up this late in the season. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
The chemistry that this team has now make them a NC caliber team, so Geno will not disrupt what they have done to this point. What we need is players to come off the bench to give the starters a breather as well as put points on the board. 0 points by the bench yesterday, so having Caroline and Azzi come off the bench gives us a different look. We all know how great Azzi is, and next year will be a different story. Azzi and Caroline will get their minutes, and their minutes will depend on how the game is going. We don't want to overwork them unless we need them to play more for us to be successful. Having these options will make us better, but not disrupt what the present starters have accomplished. Besides, with what they have gone through, none of them deserve to be replaced in the starting line-up this late in the season. Go Huskies
I agree. Azzi and CD come off the bench. First of all, they will not be in full game shape. Secondly, the 5 warriors are playing very well together. and have clearly bonded. They just need a true cavalry. Those two are it.

Reaction Score
First world problems..... I would hate to have to worry about that... lol

Also I think that Azzi will come off the bench. This will help limit her time, and also give the team a boost when needed. Same with Caroline. I think they both come off the bench. Provide the boost.

sun

Reaction Score
IMO Azzi will eventually become a starter again this year once she's back in top shape & in full rhythm.
Which current starter sits will depend on the production & health of the other UConn players, who their opponent is and how UConn matches up with them.
Aubrey is a very athletic, & strong player.
There were a lot of discussions about this topic at the beginning of the season before Carol was healthy.
I suspect that one of the bigs may end up being the 6th player, either Dorka or Edwards depending on their total fouls, rebounding & points during upcoming games.
After Azzi returns their production could be affected by re-establishing UConn's outside game.
I think that Azzi will be allowed to make up for some PT that she missed due to injury to help her tune up shooting under pressure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Azzi will not start but will come off the bench and replace Aubrey. We need Lou in the game to take advantage of
her shooting. Azzi helps Lou. Also, we need the bigs to clean up misses. Go Huskies
I agree! Outside of the typical non-players, no one sits for Azzi. Azzi shall trade off with a Starter here and there. This combo of 5 is WORKING. Don't mess with what works. Azzi, will bring some RUST to her first few games. That will work out. Azzi and Paige are outstanding talents--next year is their Year to shine. Caroline?? She too is a talent. From the Talk from CD and Geno Caroline is almost a minute to minute decision. Has she a RED SHIRT opportunity here?
They will both go through the limited minute protocol...7-10 minutes in the first half and 7-10 minutes in the second half. Azzi and Caroline will come off the bench for the rest of the season. If she gets a start it will only be if one of the current starters is a no go or can only play limited minutes. Truth be told both Azzi and Caroline's injuries were very untimely...not, that any injury is timely. But, it gave this starting five plenty of time to build their team chemistry...this staring five likes each other, they trust each other...they have earned the right to be on the floor.

With that being said both Azzi and Caroline have a skill set that is much needed for UConn to be successful in the post season. They will both get significant minutes coming off the bench...Azzi will get slightly more than Caroline.

Again, I'd rather have them 1000 percent ready in the 2023/24 season than risk anything now.
It appears this is SC's year. Yea, I know, the big game isn't here yet and that could be a total change. Let this 7 or 9 have this year. Dance with the girls that brung ya this far.
One stretch during the SC game told you everything you need to know---Dawn went into Boston 3 times in a row, no Uconn defender could stop those layups. Uconn will go far, maybe even to the NC Game--but unless this team drastically changes (can it change, can one 6ft 5 come in to dominate Boston?--SC gets my nod (reluctantly) to win it all.

sun

Reaction Score
Getting the outside shooting game going was just proved to be sorely needed by the loss to Scar.
Azzi will be given a chance to shine if UConn wants to make it to the FF.
Once the outside game starts working then UConn can go back to the inside/outside game again because it should help to open up the packed lane.
There's no better way to get the outside game going without having both Azzi & Lou on the court at the same, time, hopefully from the get go.
Lou has been getting assaulted due in part to not having an outside shooting partner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No one sits. They have good chemistry as evidenced by Q1. You don't mess with that. Them playing off the bench could keep players fresh and avoid what we saw in Q2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom