Who plays PF and who plays center | The Boneyard

Who plays PF and who plays center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that's right. AO was better suited when Chuck was on the floor, IMO and Drummond is bigger than Oriakhi

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I would have AD play center. Focus him on the inside. He weighs what, 275? If he could get some Jeff Adrien attitude, he would knock people flying without really trying.

On the other hand, I don't really care.....wow, what options this team now has.

Reaction Score
I like AO at C and AD at PF. AD is a much better ball handler and shooter than AO. Does it really matter though except who they are guarding at the defensive end?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like AO at C and AD at PF. AD is a much better ball handler and shooter than AO. Does it really matter though except who they are guarding at the defensive end?
Either way works, but AD's ball handling and passing appear superior to Alex's so he would be a great option at the 4.

caw

Reaction Score
I think a lot will depend on the other team. Whatever position is stronger probably goes to Oriakhi (not that Drummond is bad, but I'd be willing to bet that ATM AO is a better defender). All I know is that this will be the best frontcourt partner AO has played with, and I like Edwards/Chuck. Roscoe/Lamb should get a lot of rebounds when their man goes to help box out AO/Drummond.

Reaction Score
I don't see how you play AD at PF given his size. He has NBA size and athleticism for the center position.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
AO pf and Drummond C. Lamb getting buckets bazz running ish uconn dominating

Reaction Score
Alex is the PF which is his natural position. He will be the best in the land, watch and see. I am so happy that he gets to finally dominate at the PF. Never liked him at C.

Reaction Score
I think Drummond will play center when AO is on the floor. But really, who cares if he is as good as advertised.

Reaction Score
Either way spells WINNING!

Either way works...some of it will depend on match ups...but AD is physically a college center with a PF skill set IMO...AO is a PF all the way

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
On offense and defense AD will play against the opposing teams centers, and AO against the opposing teams PF. So effectively AD is the C and AO is the PF. Who pops out to the high post will vary enough to make the difference between the two to be negligible.

I like the thought of AD taking the opposing center off the dribble. That could be a nice mismatch.

Reaction Score
I think AD at the center because his athleticism will be much more pronounced. Plus he's a very good passer so UConn can have the luxury of an inside/outside game. I do think that it makes a difference because AO is more foul prone when he's in the middle.

Reaction Score
Come on AO...work on that jumper and learn how to catch the ball off the pick and roll and be our mini version of Karl Malone. I love our versatility so much.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

We don't have a need there but given his handle and range he could play SF. I think TO will take the first 5 mins at PF. When AD comes in he's C and AO is PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom