Who plays defense in the AAC? | The Boneyard

Who plays defense in the AAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
watching AAC games and I wonder, who knows how to play defense in the conference. The top teams all know how to score points but they suck on D. I think Uconn, with even an average offense, can win the conference if they develop a dominating D. Lock down corners, relentless pressure and run stuffing line. Easier to build than a 35 ppg offense.

Reaction Score
Memphis & Houston are scoring machines. Navy too. But Temple's got the best D in the conference this year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I can tell you two teams that don't: Memphis and Tulsa.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
watching AAC games and I wonder, who knows how to play defense in the conference. The top teams all know how to score points but they suck on D. I think Uconn, with even an average offense, can win the conference if they develop a dominating D. Lock down corners, relentless pressure and run stuffing line. Easier to build than a 35 ppg offense.

My thinking has evolved on this topic. When it became apparent that most AAC teams were hiring coaches that emphasize offense, I was concerned that UConn would be the boring old school outlier. But...if BD is able to build a strong defense to counter these offenses...UConn can actually carve out a niche in the conference as the team that these offenses don't want to match up with. UConn can be to defense...what Navy is to offense.

Combine that with a strong yet not explosive (or risk taking) offense....it's not a bad strategy for success.

Then again...this all hinges on recruiting and coaching....but it's not a bad approach for this conference.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I fell asleep in the third . The touchdowns lulled me .

I just saw the final score and the stats. Holy Crap. Memphis' linebacker corps looked very quick but all emphasis on offense and scoring.

Who plays defense when your O puts up 66? I agree that if we show these teams a stiff D and score some points, we have a good shot at getting a W.

Reaction Score

Name of the game in today's college football is offense. Score lot of points, lots of and hope your defense can come up with one or two key stops in the fourth quarter. I THINK that UConn even with an average defense, can win the conference if they develop an explosive offense that can put up a lot of points on the scoreboard. A strong arm, mobile QB, 3 or 4 burners at WR who can create separation and go up and get the ball, a couple of quick RBs who are bigger than 5'7" and a pass blocking offensive line. Easier to build than a "steel curtain-esque" defense.

Reaction Score
I fell asleep in the third . The touchdowns lulled me .

I just saw the final score and the stats. Holy Crap. Memphis' linebacker corps looked very quick but all emphasis on offense and scoring.

Who plays defense when your O puts up 66? I agree that if we show these teams a stiff D and score some points, we have a good shot at getting a W.
You might hold us to 35 but your offense isn't the type to cause us problems on D. Don't know how the schedule got set up like this but we play a lot of high scoring offenses besides USF and Missouri State. Also I think it is hard for UConn to stop Paxton Lynch. He has been carving up defenses all season especially the Ole Miss defense which is the best one we will face all season.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Yeah...after last night I would like to retract that comment. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom