Who needs a second scorer? | The Boneyard

Who needs a second scorer?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Many among us were bemoaning the fact that we don’t have “a” second scorer. A robin to Bouk’s Batman. While we don’t have a Robin, we have a whole team of Commissioner Gordons. Any given night it could be Polley, Martin, Whaley, Cole, Carlton, and eventuality Akok stepping up to score 15-20 points. Hell, even Adams or Gaffney!

This team is a couple bounces vs Creighton away from being considered a serious final four contender.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how many times this year we will win when bouk puts up less than 10. But this was certainly encouraging. We really just need one or two guys to step up every night and the depth is there.

Reaction Score
I love them too, but, pump the brakes, slow the roll, take a breath.
;)
Well we would have a similar resume to Villanova, a consensus final 4 contender

Reaction Score
If we had two serious scorers, we'd be a hars team to beat. If half our shots went in with everyone who shoots, we'd have more then enough points to cover a consistent second scorer. Imagine a Bouk and Polley night with Martin, Cole, and Josh hitting the gimmes? That'd be fun to see.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Many among us were bemoaning the fact that we don’t have “a” second scorer. A robin to Bouk’s Batman. While we don’t have a Robin, we have a whole team of Commissioner Gordons. Any given night it could be Polley, Martin, Whaley, Cole, Carlton, and eventuality Akok stepping up to score 15-20 points. Hell, even Adams or Gaffney!

This team is a couple bounces vs Creighton away from being considered a serious final four contender.

If we can return the favor at Creighton convincingly and split with Nova then I will say we have Final Four aspirations.

Reaction Score
I actually thought we played much, much better offense once Bouknight got hurt. Not sure it is sustainable long term so hopefully it’s not serious, but with him the offense reminded me of a middle school...give the ball to Bouknight and everyone get out of the way. With him banged up there was ball movement, players moving without the ball. Well and Tyler Polley shot the lights out. Having a serious 3 point threat is such pleasure. If he can continue to be a consistent weapon that will help this team immeasurably.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
People were jacked up about Carlton after playing Depaul. We need a consistent second scorer. Our team can't hope someone else steps up. We were down by 20 when Polley started shooting

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love that Martin. Polley and Josh have all stepped up once in recent games but this team still is in search of a proven consistent second scorer
Now, one of them may be it but has to do it on a game by game basis
The most consistent players are IW and Bouk - team needs a few more before we even talk about top 15 never mind Final Four

Reaction Score
it’s an uneven team,

there are vets like like polley and whaley
tyrese is a threat
and sonogo is only getting better
pg should be gaffney

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads