Who loses more for next year - ND or UT | The Boneyard

Who loses more for next year - ND or UT

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UT - Stricklen, Johnson, Baugh, Manning, Bass - 110.4 mpg, 43 ppg, 27.7 RPG, 6.3 apg

That's 55.4 % of the minutes, 59% of the points, 64% of the rebounds, 43% of the assists.

ND - Novosel, Peters, Mallory, Miller - 92.4 mpg, 34.9 ppg, 18.2 RPG, 7.2 apg

That's 46.2 % of the minutes, 44% of the points, 50% of the rebounds, 40% of the assists.

Both teams lose a lot, but looks like Tennessee loses more.

Reaction Score
Doggydaddy, have you confirmed that neither Novosel nor Peters are eligible for 5th year redshirt status? I recall some ND fan claiming redshirting was possible for one of them.

Any 'Domer fans reading this thread? What say ye?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
ND does, they will go from being top 3 to top 10. Tennessee will go from being top 8 to top 10, probably...they are still better than the majority of DI teams, but ND will drop out of the upper echelon. Diggins and McBride will still be very good, but Achonwa hasn't impressed me much this year.

Reaction Score
In absolute terms, ND loses more.
But ND returns more too.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
DD, have you confirmed that neither Novosel nor Peters are eligible for 5th year redshirt status? I recall some ND fan claiming such was the case.

Peters is a graduate student and already used her 5 years after this season. Same with Mallory. Novosel never used a redshirt, so she is graduating this year.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Doggydaddy, have you confirmed that neither Novosel nor Peters are eligible for 5th year redshirt status? I recall some ND fan claiming redshirting was possible for one of them.

Any 'Domer fans reading this thread? What say ye?
Peters is in her 5th year now having red-shirted her sophomore year. She is a graduate student. Novosel is a 4th year senior & never red-shirted.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Too many unknowns for UTENN for me, especially in the coaching Dept. Both teams lose a lot of upper-class talent but I think Achonwa is the big surprise who'll be coached up to a better standard of toughness to go along with her obvious talent. But even with a decent recruiting class they'll be way short of the firepower UCONN can muster. And I predict that Skylar won't develop much next year; what you see is what you get and with a depleted backcourt, she'll be good (maybe very) but not great.

Reaction Score
ND does, they will go from being top 3 to top 10. Tennessee will go from being top 8 to top 10, probably...they are still better than the majority of DI teams, but ND will drop out of the upper echelon. Diggins and McBride will still be very good, but Achonwa hasn't impressed me much this year.

Achonwa really hasn't gotten on track. She tore her MCL the week the season started. Had surgery and rushed back for the Baylor game 1 1/2 weeks later. Had a string of games this year were she wasn't doing much but committing blocking fouls. She's been averaging 9pt, 5 rbs in 18 min in the tourney going 8-8 at the ft. I have noticed that the more ND has gone to her and Peters on the court at the same time she has been more of a factor. She has better success when ND spreads the floor. She isn't the most nimble and needs some room. ND guards have a bad habit of forcing the ball to her in ankles when she's surrounded in the post. MM commented that ND was getting to hung up on running plays and forcing it then just playing off each other. Makes some sense about the unforced turnovers.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Probably each team is equal in what they lose to graduation. As of today, I like ND's recruiting class better then Tenn's recruiting class, so would predict ND will be the better team. However, Tenn is expected to sign a couple of JUCO players and if they are able to sign a quality post player who fits into their system, then they could end up as the better team. They won their last two National Championships by signing Shannon Bobbitt out of Trinity Valley Junior College. Without her, I don't think they win even though those teams had Candace Parker.

Reaction Score
Peters is a graduate student and already used her 5 years after this season. Same with Mallory. Novosel never used a redshirt, so she is graduating this year.

Lovely!

All Husky fans would be glad to watch a video of Peters, Novosel, and Mallory cleaning out their apartments in South Bend!

HGN

Reaction Score
ND loses a lot more in the form of players (Peters, Novosel, Mallory).....Its no way that they can lose Peters , the BE Defensive Player of the Year ; and the others and come back as strong next year.

But on the other hand UT loses a lot too. It's conceivable that along with the players ( Stricklen, Johnson, Baugh , Manning, etc. ) , they may also lose a HOF Coach as well. And that loss is not replaceable. UT and ND can replace a player for a player , but there is NO WAY you can replace a Pat Summitt. I don't care who they put in there. Even if Pat Summitt comes back for another year her coaching skills and ability will be somewhat diminished. Her coaching staff did a very good job this year but they are not Pat Summitt.

So my vote goes to UT..........I think they will lose the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom