Who leads the team in scoring next year? | The Boneyard

Who leads the team in scoring next year?

Who leads the team in scoring next year

• RJ Cole

Votes: 69 61.1%
  • Andre Jackson

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Tyrese Martin

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Jalen Gaffney

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Akok Akok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adama Sanogo

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Rahsool Diggins

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Jordan Hawkins

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Samson Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing any of those players averaging more than 15 but we can have several around 10. It will be interesting to see. I would say Cole but there’s a chance his minutes don’t go up much. Diggins is going to play.

Reaction Score
I feel like Cole will up to 16-18 ppg and Sanogo will make that huge jump to 16 ppg as well, he is more than capable and has all the talent and tools to do so. I also think he will start shooting mid range J's more

Hopefully Martin works on his shooting and especially Andre because he will take a bigger role next year on offense

Reaction Score
Can we just enjoy this year?

We can discuss this to death in a month or 2.
I go into husky hibernation on here after the season ends unless there's recruiting updates

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
RJ and Dama should both average somewhere in the 13-17 range. I think by the end of the season a freshman like Hawkins can creep up into the mix. This is unless we land a big time offensive threat transfer or reclass. We have 3 scholarships to play with so we have a lot of flexibility. Another X factor is can we get AJ to become a serviceable shooter? If so lanes will open up for him and he should be a real offensive threat. Team may end up with a deep bunch of talent just no real primary option.

Reaction Score
better hope it's sanogo as cole is a volume shooter/scorer and he'll be playing fewer minutes with diggins and hawkins in the rotation. sanogo shoots a high percentage and his minutes should more than double along with his scoring

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a hard time seeing any of those players averaging more than 15 but we can have several around 10. It will be interesting to see. I would say Cole but there’s a chance his minutes don’t go up much. Diggins is going to play.

I fully expect that Sanogo will be all conference next year, second team at worst, and will average over 15 a game. With Bouk gone, I would expect him to move from the top of the key to the low post much earlier in the shot clock and to be devastating posting defenders up.

Reaction Score
How about an option for player not on roster now?

Like a Fatts Russell-type transfer? Not saying Fatts, but a real quick Guard with a good stroke!

Reactions: THC

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
better hope it's sanogo as cole is a volume shooter/scorer and he'll be playing fewer minutes with diggins in the rotation
Lmao. Cole will not be playing fewer minutes. If he does, we're in trouble.

Reaction Score
Lmao. Cole will not be playing fewer minutes. If he does, we're in trouble.
it's actually the opposite. diggins and hawkins play the same positions as cole. if the freshman are good enough to steal minutes from upperclassman the team is better for it.

exhibit 1- sanogo taking minutes from carlton and whaley
exhibit 2- aj taking minutes from polley and adams

Reaction Score
James is pulling a RIP and coming back for his Junior year to win the FF MVP and lead UConn to the 2021-22 championship because I think UConn runs out of steam and loses a close one against Gonzaga/Baylor in the elite 8 after making another incredible run as a 7 seed this year so he will have unfinished business next year.

Repeat it enough times and it will come true.

Reaction Score
it's actually the opposite. diggins and hawkins play the same positions as cole. if the freshman are good enough to steal minutes from upperclassman the team is better for it.

exhibit 1- sanogo taking minutes from carlton and whaley
exhibit 2- aj taking minutes from polley and adams

Hawkins is not a point guard.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Save a thread like this for the offseason.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is not a point guard.
sigh. i didnt say he was but cole can play off the ball with another PG....in those situations cole is the de facto 2 guard. hawkins plays 2 guard. therefore, cole and hawkins will in fact be competing for minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sigh. i didnt say he was but cole can play off the ball with another PG....in those situations cole is the de facto 2 guard. hawkins plays 2 guard. therefore, cole and hawkins will in fact be competing for minutes.
You did, you said Diggins and Hawkins play the same position as Cole. Diggins and Cole are point guards.

Reaction Score
You did, you said Diggins and Hawkins play the same position as Cole. Diggins and Cole are point guards.
no. i didnt.
diggins and hawkins play the same positions as cole
i said positions not position. cole can play both guard spots. diggins plays PG. hawkins plays SG. therefore between the two of them, they play the same two positions as cole.

why are you and BigErn even arguing about semantics when you know the 3 of them will be competing for playing time in the backcourt?? hawkins not as directly as diggins but he will none the less.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom