Who Is This? | The Boneyard

Who Is This?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the things we missed from last off-season was those practice videos of Paige hitting like 49/50 3-pt shots in rapid succession. The reason we didn’t see them, is because Paige spent the entire summer rehabbing her surgically repaired knee, so she didn’t spend much if any time in the gym with a basketball skills coach sharpening up her shooting, her handle, etc. As great as Paige was this past season, I actually felt that she never quite settled in shooting the ball, like we all saw during her freshman and even sophomore seasons, when she was “money” from everywhere on the court.

At her core, Paige is a “gym rat” who spends countless hours shooting the basketball and perfecting her game. If my suspicion is right, we are going to see something from Paige this coming season that will reach a level beyond anything we’ve ever witnessed in WBB, including what we watched this past season from Caitlin Clark.

Paige is on a mission. She will continue to get stronger and fitter under the watchful eye of Andrea Hudy. But she will also raise her game across the board, once again establishing herself as the greatest player in WBB, and if the rest of the Huskies follow her lead, championship #12 is a very real possibility.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
when is this video from?
The video is entitled “Paige Bueckers Going Off in the Lab.” It was posted on YouTube 16 hours ago. While we don’t know for sure when it was originally shot, I have seen a lot of Paige Bueckers shooting videos, many of which where she was with Azzi, but I had not seen this one before.

Reaction Score
One of the things we missed from last off-season was those practice videos of Paige hitting like 49/50 3-pt shots in rapid succession. The reason we didn’t see them, is because Paige spent the entire summer rehabbing her surgically repaired knee, so she didn’t spend much if any time in the gym with a basketball skills coach sharpening up her shooting, her handle, etc. As great as Paige was this past season, I actually felt that she never quite settled in shooting the ball, like we all saw during her freshman and even sophomore seasons, when she was “money” from everywhere on the court.

At her core, Paige is a “gym rat” who spends countless hours shooting the basketball and perfecting her game. If my suspicion is right, we are going to see something from Paige this coming season that will reach a level beyond anything we’ve ever witnessed in WBB, including what we watched this past season from Caitlin Clark.

Paige is on a mission. She will continue to get stronger and fitter under the watchful eye of Andrea Hudy. But she will also raise her game across the board, once again establishing herself as the greatest player in WBB, and if the rest of the Huskies follow her lead, championship #12 is a very real possibility.
I concur wholeheartedly. I've alluded to this in previous postings, but as you state, Paige was pretty amazing this season, but nowhere near her ceiling, particularly in her shooting from the outside, her elevation on her mid-range jumpers, and her touch that was so slightly off when contorting her body close to the basket, the type of shots mere mortals only dream about or fool around with.

I'm looking for the fluidity in her shooting stroke of her freshman year and the six games of her sophomore year before getting injured that you referenced. I realize it's unfair, but I'm almost shocked when she misses a shot. As you pointed out, if the rest of the squad can stay healthy, next year's version of Paige will most definitely have them in the mix for #12.

The only issue I have is the amount of time we have to wait before the season begins.

Reaction Score
she will not approach Caitlyn, because she will not take 25 - 30 shots per game.
I agree. If we have all of our extremely talented players back and healthy, Paige will be the unselfish person that she has always been and make sure her teammates are getting plenty of time to shine as well. That's how we will win #12.

Reaction Score

Can’t say for sure, because I didn’t see it, but heard that Caroline Ducharme did something similar in the gym a couple months back, and like Paige was nailing everything she put up.

Reaction Score
I agree. If we have all of our extremely talented players back and healthy, Paige will be the unselfish person that she has always been and make sure her teammates are getting plenty of time to shine as well. That's how we will win #12.
Like DT or Caitlyn taking lots of shots isn't selfish. If one player can't defend you - score. When the other team sends help give it to your teammates and they score. If you have a high shooting percentage nobody will be upset when you shoot. Great players draw the focus on them and great teammates put themselves in position to take advantage of the attention the star player gets. This is a chess match.

Reaction Score
I think that Azzi can just about match it.
How about Paige, Azzi and Caroline (The Veterans) team up vs Allie, Ash and Q (The Newbies) and go at it in the completely unofficial UConn Women Huskies 3-Pt Challenge. Maybe mix it up with team captains Paige and Azzi. A little team building fun.

Reaction Score
How about Paige, Azzi and Caroline (The Veterans) team up vs Allie, Ash and Q (The Newbies) and go at it in the completely unofficial UConn Women Huskies 3-Pt Challenge. Maybe mix it up with team captains Paige and Azzi. A little team building fun.
And let's not forget KK and newest Husky addition, Chen. Should be fun to watch.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I kinda of feel sorry for the opposition next year, NOT. I can't wait to see how Geno does his magic with a full array of weapons on next year's team. At the guard positions you have at least 7 good to great 3 pt shooters. At the forward position you have a couple of 3 pt shooters. I know that there are some center's that can shoot the 3, but I want them down low so that the others aren't double teamed.

Reaction Score
Hey, I'm new to the Boneyard!

I signed up as soon as Aidan Mahaney signed (I've been watching him for a long time, saw nearly all of his high-school games, etc.).

But, being the total hoops addict I am, I watch tons of games online, too... Found Paige, and I have been a Paige fan since she was a HS sophomore.

Reaction Score

I signed up as soon as Aidan Mahaney signed (I've been watching him for a long time, saw nearly all of his high-school games, etc.).

But, being the total hoops addict I am, I watch tons of games online, too... Found Paige, and I have been a Paige fan since she was a HS sophomore.
Welcome !!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Well, if you’re going to post on the Women’s Basketball forum you’ll need to change your handle to “PaigeFan20” ;)

Welcome aboard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom