Who is the biggest BY Math geek (tournament style) ELITE 8!!!!! | The Boneyard

Who is the biggest BY Math geek (tournament style) ELITE 8!!!!!

Who is a bigger Boneyard Math Geek (choose 1 out of each seeding pair) ELITE 8!

• 1 Auror vs.

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • 8 justbrewitman

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 4 Davehuskiesfan vs.

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • 12 HobokenHusky

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • 2 BfieldHusky vs.

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • 7 Husky429

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • 3 Navery12 vs.

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • 6 HeyAdrien

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
MODS PLEASE PIN @fleudslipcon

First round results/discussion is here:

OK we have our Elite 8! It was a barn burner of of a 1st round. we had the obligatory 12 beating 5 scenario play out in overtime after a tie score when HobokenHusky won a coin flip tiebreaker (actually it was my newborns crinkly panda teether that I flipped, as I didn't have a coin) .

We had a really competitive 14-3 matchup with tzznandrew giving supernerd navery12 all he could handle, but the 3 seed moves on.

The top 2 seeds Auror and BfieldHusky showed why they went into the tourney so highly regarded as both decimated their opponents.

Husky429 moved into E8 after his opponent was ejected.

We have some stellar matchups here! Im looking forward to the poindexter level heavyweight battle betweem Navery12 and HeyAdrien. It's anyones game!

This is edge of your seat stuff.

Here is the updated bracket. Opening up polling for 8 hours so we can get to Final 4 tonight.

This Elite 8 looks to be one for the ages. All great matchups.

Let's do this!

e8.JPG

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We’ve got a couple tight ones at bottom of the bracket!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't understand how Bfield made this field. His posts are so innocuous I had to search his post history for anything remarkably analytic. Didn't find it. I would've taken Hans' counting syllables as more math-induced.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That 4 seed better win! The 1, 2 and 3 seeds better lose. This is not about sentiment! This is about mojo! We've been screwed over by the NCAA tournament panel not the math nerds.

We need to make a statement against that treatment. Let's go UConn! Take the 4th seed slight as motivation.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't understand how Bfield made this field. His posts are so innocuous I had to search his post history for anything remarkably analytic. Didn't find it. I would've taken Hans' counting syllables as more math-induced.
Hang me for adding him then!

Reaction Score
Fun fact: I was a math major in college but failed my last math class (skipping nearly every class didn't help).

Graduated with an English degree and then went to grad school for secondary English education, but haven't taught English in ten years. I'm now the math curriculum leader at my school.

I guess you can say, everything has gone "full circle"

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 12.18.09 PM.png

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think I deserve to be on this. I don't really even understand analytics any farther than TS%. I'm not very smart guys.
And we're smart enough to know this.;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think I deserve to be on this. I don't really even understand analytics any farther than TS%. I'm not very smart guys.
This is the challenge in the bracket, neither you nor @BFieldHusky are really analytic math nerds. Neither should win but you're facing each other.

Reaction Score
Fun fact: I was a math major in college but failed my last math class (skipping nearly every class didn't help).

Graduated with an English degree and then went to grad school for secondary English education, but haven't taught English in ten years. I'm now the math curriculum leader at my school.

I guess you can say, everything has gone "full circle"

View attachment 85143
A real math nerd would use radians instead of degrees.

Glad things have come 2π for you!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom