Who is tasked with fixing the UCF mess | The Boneyard

Who is tasked with fixing the UCF mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would make the Conflict more interesting when if Edsall is tasked with trying to fix UCF.

If O'Leary is AD.. the connection is there.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Would make the Conflict more interesting when if Edsall is tasked with trying to fix UCF.

If O'Leary is AD.. the connection is there.
sort of thing a rival might do....

Reaction Score
That would be sweet. You know Randy would pooh poo, the trophy for sure.

I stated this in the game thread, but QBs like Bortles and Bridgewater can make ordinary CFB programs appear elite. Their both good programs with UCF having a bad year, but all the talk of UCF being better than the rest of the conference was bogus. Athlete for athlete our teams are very similar. Toss in a Bortles and the look like FLORIDA STATE lite for a couple of years.

Reaction Score
He'd be solid in this league. No shot in the B1G with their 3 million a year coaches.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Maybe if you trusted him to make a Frank Solich-type, I'll finish my career here commitment. Not much in his background to make that credible though...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe if you trusted him to make a Frank Solich-type, I'll finish my career here commitment. Not much in his background to make that credible though...

Well he is 57. He clearly isn't going to get another P5 shot. If he fixes you to the point someone wants to hire him away you'd probably be happy with the job he did.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think it could happen. Wayno proposed Edsall to Syracuse - which I have to admit I hadn't thought of but would also be interesting.
He would run a clean program, which they could probably use more of up there...

Reaction Score
Just read an article in the Orlando Sentinel. O'leary is set to be relieved of interim AD duties possibly as early as this week.

Two years ago he had UCF in a BCS bowl beating Baylor in the process, at the moment you got boosters that want him out and people flying planes with banners asking him to step down over the stadium before the game. Fan bases sure are fickle.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just read an article in the Orlando Sentinel. O'leary is set to be relieved of interim AD duties possibly as early as this week.

Two years ago he had UCF in a BCS bowl beating Baylor in the process, at the moment you got boosters that want him out and people flying planes with banners asking him to step down over the stadium before the game. Fan bases sure are fickle.

Well nothing stopping Diaco from creating a rivalry game with Skip Holtz. Screw LA Tech.

Reaction Score
it doesn't help that he's just a jerk. O'Leary is not a nice dude and he doesn't treat the media well. How he's still coaching after a player died from him obviously pushing him too hard is beyond me.

Reaction Score
UCF needs to take a step forward with their next head coaching hire. Somebody who has a proven track record of winning and being able to compete with the other Fla schools for some of the better talent in that region. Are they going to steal 5 star recruits from the gators or the Noles? No but the next guy needs to grab enough gems or diamonds in the rough from the area to take that team to the next level, perennial top 25. Edsall would be a step backwards.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UCF is straight out of the church of Louisville.

They're hiring the guy who will take any and all shortcuts. If they look at Edsell, it's to benchmark exactly the type of coach they'll avoid.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
UCF is straight out of the church of Louisville.

They're hiring the guy who will take any and all shortcuts. If they look at Edsell, it's to benchmark exactly the type of coach they'll avoid.
Good point. They just want to win and don't care how it happens. They're looking for the next P5 coach who gets fired because of a scandal.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think Edsall will have 2 options at seasons end:

1. Head Coach at a G5 school;
2. DC at a P5 school

I can see him coaching in the AAC but not sure it will be at UCF. I think Memphis or Temple would be more likely if those coaches leave for greener pastures. But yeah, Edsall at UCF might actually throw some gasoline on this whole conFLiCT thing, should it happen.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
UCF needs to take a step forward with their next head coaching hire. Somebody who has a proven track record of winning and being able to compete with the other Fla schools for some of the better talent in that region. Are they going to steal 5 star recruits from the gators or the Noles? No but the next guy needs to grab enough gems or diamonds in the rough from the area to take that team to the next level, perennial top 25. Edsall would be a step backwards.

If he fails to survive at Miami, perhaps Al Golden? He's already entrenched in the local recruiting territory.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Myerberg tweeted about Edsall and Syracuse if the make a change.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I can see him at Syracuse too. With all of their issues and lack of upward CR mobility, they need to hire clean coaches for a while and rebuild some reputation. Don't get much cleaner than Randy.

I do hope he lands a job somewhere - I think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom