Who is joining me tonight at Maples Pavilion? | The Boneyard

Who is joining me tonight at Maples Pavilion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Excited to see the team play. This will be my first time seeing the team play in truly "hostile" territory. I have gone to NCAA tourney games at other venues, but never an in season away game. I can't wait!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I will be with you in spirit sitting home in New York on the phone with my sister in South Carolina watching the game together.

if you wave we will wave back

p.s. We both are very jealous that you are there. have a great time

Reaction Score
No pressure or anything, but we will all be disappointed if we don't hear you, Chap.

Reaction Score
Could be tough. We are sitting a few rows behind the band. I know from friends whose kids were in the UConn pep band that the band can be brutal on opposing fans. I will cheer my team but not obnoxiously so. Hopefully the Huskies open up a decent lead so I don't have to be obnoxious.

Reaction Score
Excited to see the team play. This will be my first time seeing the team play in truly "hostile" territory. I have gone to NCAA tourney games at other venues, but never an in season away game. I can't wait!
Have a great time and being superstitious no predictions here! I've wanted to take in a road game and am excited for you. One year I'll make to ND if they keep the series going. Safe travels......

Reaction Score
I, and some friends, will be sitting in sec. 15, row B, seats 3-6. I was at Maples two years ago and the arena is great. The seats are very comfortable and the fans, in general, are very classy. If you've never been at Stanford the campus is beautiful. If you tell me where you're sitting I'll drop by and say hello.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Not me. I'll be on my couch freezing my butt off. Wind chill is *finally* above zero but it's supposed to be cold and windy again tonight. (Brr, sigh.)

Reaction Score
As I have mentioned previously, this is the first UConn game in CA I have missed in at least a decade, probably longer! Ill health has kept me home but I will be there in spirit and watching from home. Chap, in my experience you have no worries about cheering your head off. Stanford fans have always seemed very intelligent and knowledgeable and have always treated me quite graciously considering the rivalry and how loudly I tend to cheer AND complain!!! I SO wish I could be there! Have fun, everyone!!!

Reaction Score
ballhawk said:
I, and some friends, will be sitting in sec. 15, row B, seats 3-6. I was at Maples two years ago and the arena is great. The seats are very comfortable and the fans, in general, are very classy. If you've never been at Stanford the campus is beautiful. If you tell me where you're sitting I'll drop by and say hello.

All I know it is a few rows behind the band and apparently end seats to the left as you look at the court. My son bought the tickets. When I know more I will post.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I will do what most Boneyarders will do Sit at home, watch the game and wait breathlessly for the camera to focus on you in your UConn sweatshirt and the announcer on TV comments to the effect that, "UConn fans travel well." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Kibitzer said:
I will do what most Boneyarders will do Sit at home, watch the game and wait breathlessly for the camera to focus on you in your UConn sweatshirt and the announcer on TV comments to the effect that, "UConn fans travel well." :rolleyes:

I am in my "9" Tshirt. No blazing UCONN just a quiet exclamation of the excellence that is UCONN.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not me. I'll be on my couch freezing my butt off. Wind chill is *finally* above zero but it's supposed to be cold and windy again tonight. (Brr, sigh.)

try turning on the heat. I know it's only November.......

:D

Reaction Score
I'll be attending with another UConn alumn. He bought the tickets through UConn, so I'm guessing we'll be in a far corner with the other UConn fans. Should be a lot of fun.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
try turning on the heat. I know it's only November..

:D

Heat, what's that? :p

No, seriously. It was 41 degrees in our old house last week before it got really cold. I assumed that the pilot light on the furnace had gone off and I had no idea how to fix it and since we were moving, we just didn't bother with it. Turns out, it hadn't gone out like it had in previous years. New house has plenty of heat but with my bum thyroid, I'm always freezing. I use, like, 6 blankets at night... It's still sad knowing that even at 60 degrees inside the house, it's between 60 and 80 degrees warmer than it is outside. Yeesh.

Reaction Score
Maples Pavillion was LOUD! When the Stanford player tied the game at 1.5 seconds in regulation it was so loud it hurt my ears. Good for Stanford-this win will help them, and their fans too. And the Stanford band was rockin' the place!

Reaction Score
NorCalHuskie said:
Maples Pavillion was LOUD! When the Stanford player tied the game at 1.5 seconds in regulation it was so loud it hurt my ears. Good for Stanford-this win will help them, and their fans too. And the Stanford band was rockin' the place!

Agree. The Stanford band was outstanding. But the tree? Just weird. Like it was thrown together at the last minute. I am not sure if it was the weird eyes or Mr. Potato Head lips. Just...weird.

Reaction Score
Agree. The Stanford band was outstanding. But the tree? Just weird. Like it was thrown together at the last minute. I am not sure if it was the weird eyes or Mr. Potato Head lips. Just...weird.

...the Tree danced like a drunk Mr. Potato Head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom