Who is going to be quarterback in 2017 for UConn? | The Boneyard

Who is going to be quarterback in 2017 for UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does the current football team have someone who can play quarterback next year. If not, has someone been recruited yet?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Donovan Williams. He's so good he is going to be the first frosh to ever win the Heisman. The QB recruit coming in the 2017 class is even better.

Cool...

Reaction Score
Unless Williams turns out to be the second coming of Dan O, it's Sherrifs

Reaction Score
I'm curious, is there a chance Shirreffs graduates? He had the transfer year and usually kids load up on classes during that period.

Reaction Score
Time to use the ignore button. Unreal.

I long for the days of being terrorized for being an Apologista for Randy Edsall. At least then you knew there were adults behind the keyboards who tormented me.

Now these newbies are just too much. Funny thing is I haven't ignored anyone, including my known nemeses for quite some time.

Best part is the threads get cleaned up because by ignoring the OP I don't even have to see the titles. I'm happy already. Bring on Cincy in the rain. I hope it's torrential. Those games are fun. :D

Reaction Score
Does the current football team have someone who can play quarterback next year. If not, has someone been recruited yet?

There is a roster readily available and there are multiple threads in a different BY Forum on recruiting (known offers and commits).

Can you give us a sense of how old you are +/- 5 years so we can tailor our responses because I'm not convinced these continued open ended questions lately (by you and a few others) are are thirst to learn and may only be a means to provoke (you do realize your post history/messages are readily available for anyone to review). We've seen this similar MO in the past - call me leery.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is no QB currently playing college FB that would significantly improve the offense as it now operates.

If you think that statement sounds ridiculous, then consider these two points.

1. It is ridiculous.
2. It is less ridiculous than the idea of a freshman QB playing better than a senior QB with 3 years in the system without significant improvements in blocking and significant changes to the playcalling.

Reaction Score
If we win 7 games or more under Shireffs this year he'll be our QB in 2017. If not, Donovan Williams will get every opportunity to take over and run this team's offense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is no QB currently playing college FB that would significantly improve the offense as it now operates.

If you think that statement sounds ridiculous, then consider these two points.

1. It is ridiculous.
2. It is less ridiculous than the idea of a freshman QB playing better than a senior QB with 3 years in the system without significant improvements in blocking and significant changes to the playcalling.

It really depends on the player. Florida State, Bama and Georgia all have true freshman QBs. Williams would be a RS freshman with a year in the system. Blocking needs to be better no matter who plays.

As for the system and play-calling, I continue to believe that Verducci has installed a version of the west coast offense requiring the QB to make quick reads and deliver the ball accurately. Sheriffs' tendencies make him a poor fit to execute the offense we are running. Could Williams be a better fit? Of course. Anderson might be a better fit right now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Tom Brady with Eli as a back up

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Justin Wain will be taking over the duties so that we can prepare ourselves for punt formation straight from the get go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom