Who is Brene Moseley? | The Boneyard

Who is Brene Moseley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't mean to insult Brene, but I was unfamiliar with the name. Not only was she the leading scorer for Maryland in the Towson game last night, she had the highest point total--26--for a Maryland frosh since Kristi Tolliver. Actually, she was rated #70 in the HG class of 2011.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=313200120

With Hawkins, Thomas, Barrett, Mincy, Rodgers, Bays, and Kizer, Maryland has a lot of talent. They are off to a good start. I'll be interested in seeing how they compete with Duke and Miami.

Their local rival, Georgetown, in contrast, is still looking for their offense. After double-digit losses at Maryland and LSU (and a narrow win over Longwood), they have a 1-2 record and are shooting 29.5% and averaging 49.7 points. The Hoyas need to turn things around. I think they will pick it up, but I really believe that the loss of Monica McNutt was much bigger than folks thought. They may not be a top 5 Big East team.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
McNutt was a vocal leader...she was the glue that held that team together.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
McNutt was a vocal leader...she was the glue that held that team together.
I agree. They are looking for more glue but not finding it yet.

She was also a tough competitor and good shooter.

Reaction Score
Brene Moseley can play both guard positions and has a great handle and is a very good shooter and passer. You're right that she was ranked #70 by HG and even lower by the other two services. After seeing her this year, she also had 17 against Loyola, MD fans are very surprised that she was ranked so low. However, she was ranked at #50 by HG after her junior year and fell to #70 as a result of being injured with an acl and was out her entire senior year. So, this could account for the low ranking. She averaged 26 points during her junior year. I hope this gives you a little information about her and I definitely hope that you here about her and get to know her a whole lot more in the coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom