Who is best UConn player in the WNBA right now? | The Boneyard

Who is best UConn player in the WNBA right now?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Mechelle Voepel asked "Who is the best former UConn player in the WNBA right now?" She reached her conclusion. I wondered from a stats perspective which one is the best. If PIE, me-o-my, is your thing then Charles and Stewart are the best UCONN alums. They trail Dearica Hamby (23.0), Liz Cambage (20.4), Betnijah Laney (19.5), Skylar Diggins-Smith (18.4), Nneka Ogwumike (18.4), and Elena Delle Donne (18.2). Kia Nurse is still hanging with the UCONN Big Dogs!
upload_2018-6-9_15-52-54.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I guess it could depend on who you ask, and what criteria you use (the "PIE" chart, or the eye test). No disrespect to your chart or research Mr Beercats. The fact that Diana Taurasi just passed a major milestone, in that she became the only woman in WNBA history to score over 8,000 points (she also has more made 3's than anyone else) would (in my humble opinion) make her THE BEST. "Somebody will come along and break it eventually,'' Taurasi said after the game. "It is a nice round number.''

She's a first ballot "Hall of Famer". Right now, Dee is is not IN the Mount Rushmore of the WNBA, she's sitting on TOP of it in a rocker, rocking back and forth, still going strong. She's having one of her best seasons ever. She's 2nd on the team in scoring (18.8) behind Griner (21.3). She's still relevant and she is still a leader on her team, making those around her better. She's still money in the bank for Phoenix. :cool:

Being a Kiah Stokes fan, it's a bit disheartening to see her at the bottom of this list. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First we were told (by some) that last year Azura was going to be the best player on the team (and that she deserved to be a starter). Then we were told that she was gonna take the WNBA by storm since she has more potential than anyone. What's going on with her? I'm sure she will be a solid pro, but so far I don't even see her as an All Star, never mind an Olympian...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
First we were told (by some) that last year Azura was going to be the best player on the team (and that she deserved to be a starter). Then we were told that she was gonna take the WNBA by storm since she has more potential than anyone. What's going on with her? I'm sure she will be a solid pro, but so far I don't even see her as an All Star, never mind an Olympian...
Is this your answer to the question posed in the thread title? I am sooo confused.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who is the best player, or who is playing the best? Based on this season, I’d say Tina, Stewie, Diana, Maya, and Tiffany.

I’m a huge Maya fan, but she looks off, as does her team. She should be much higher than #4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom