Who has the most NBA potential? | The Boneyard

Who has the most NBA potential?

Reaction Score
Just because I am really in the UConn basketball mood right now, who do you think on the team has the most NBA potential (besides Bouknight)?

I think aside from Bouknight, the most obvious answer is Andre, but I also am very high on Sanogo and Samson Johnson. This team has so much potential so it’s hard to say. Are there any other players besides Bouk/Andre that you see NBA potential in?

EDIT: Not specifically talking about the 2021 draft, but just in general

Reaction Score
Just because I am really in the UConn basketball mood right now, who do you think on the team has the most NBA potential (besides Bouknight)?

I think aside from Bouknight, the most obvious answer is Andre, but I also am very high on Sanogo and Samson Johnson. This team has so much potential so it’s hard to say. Are there any other players besides Bouk/Andre that you see NBA potential in?

Sanogo isn't athletic enough for the league. Not to say he can't make it... just that the way the league is going isn't in his favor

The answer is Andre and Akok. Not sure anyone else has a prototypical nba skillset or size. Hawkins and Johnson have NBA potential too.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson. Reminds me a lot of Tyrese Haliburton.

Teams love long ball handlers who are freakish athletes and can switch multiple positions. Jackson is that guy. In the NBA, he's got great size for a 2 or 3...if he can show he can hit shots: watch out.

I'm not saying he will get to that level, but his ceiling is that high.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We haven't seen Jackson, but he has the athleticism. Akok, if he comes back fully and keeps getting stronger. He will need to improve his shooting. Gaffney isn't out of the question. I don't know enough about Sanogo. We need to see how his weight loss affects his mobility and agility.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
On potential alone:
1. AJ
2. Samson
3. Hawkins
4. Akok (fully recovered)
Outside shot: Ty Martin

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson. Reminds me a lot of Tyrese Haliburton.

Teams love long ball handlers who are freakish athletes and can switch multiple positions. Jackson is that guy. In the NBA, he's got great size for a 2 or 3...if he can show he can hit shots: watch out.

I'm not saying he will get to that level, but his ceiling is that high.
If he is skilled and can hit shots from the outside with his athleticism he`d be a one and done and a top 10 pick. That kid is the definition of freak athlete and would be POY potential if he has a consistent jumper.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's a stupid question but have any of you seen these guys play?
Yep. And to be honest I didn’t think the question was out of line at all. We all know Bouknight is going to go in the draft next year, that’s pretty inevitable. Most of the other people in my opinion are extremely up in the air.

1. Jackson - highly touted but has never seen the college floor
2. Cole/Martin - never played in a high major game
3. Akok - coming off a terrible injury
4. Hawkins/Diggins/Samson - also have never seen a D1 floor
5. I could go on here

Between the rest of the roster, I think there are a few guys that have potential to be in the NBA, but also I understand that there are going to people who perform great in college and can be some of the best players on our roster who never make the NBA. I simply was asking who people thought have the most realistic chance to make it there. No need for wise comments about it.

Reaction Score
Yep. And to be honest I didn’t think the question was out of line at all. We all know Bouknight is going to go in the draft next year, that’s pretty inevitable. Most of the other people in my opinion are extremely up in the air.

1. Jackson - highly touted but has never seen the college floor
2. Cole/Martin - never played in a high major game
3. Akok - coming off a terrible injury
4. Hawkins/Diggins/Samson - also have never seen a D1 floor
5. I could go on here

Between the rest of the roster, I think there are a few guys that have potential to be in the NBA, but also I understand that there are going to people who perform great in college and can be some of the best players on our roster who never make the NBA. I simply was asking who people thought have the most realistic chance to make it there. No need for wise comments about it.

Pre-injury, Akok Akok was a well below average AAC player on the offensive end of the court. Does he have size and agility that makes it possible to see him in the NBA? Yes. But he has so unbelievably far to go, and that's even assuming the Achilles doesn't set him back a bit.

As for anyone else, I will never talk about NBA potential of a kid who hasn't played college ball yet. Yeah, I'll miss out on hyping a Lebron once a generation, but I'll swap that for not talking about NBA potential for scores of players who never come close.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Andre is the only one. Polley, but only if he really goes off this year.

Reaction Score
Andre is the only one. Polley, but only if he really goes off this year.
This is not in a wise way, but genuinely curious, why do you like Polley’s chances over Whaley’s? I think Whaley is by far the best senior on this team. Just overall shooting ability for Polley?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is not in a wise way, but genuinely curious, why do you like Polley’s chances over Whaley’s? I think Whaley is by far the best senior on this team. Just overall shooting ability for Polley?
Whaley has literally zero chance to be drafted, his ceiling is good college center. Polley only has a chance because of the premium put on shooting, but he would still need to go up a level in that department too, so i don't think it's likely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom