Who has coverage for today's game? | The Boneyard

Who has coverage for today's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm lost trying to find the game on UVerse for my parents in Branford.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm lost trying to find the game on UVerse for my parents in Branford.

They have a "channel finder" on the CBS SN page - you can drop in your ZIP code and service provider, and it gives you the channel.

LINK

I'm all set on ch 94 on FiOS here in DC

Edit: Looks like you should get the game on ch. 643, or on ch. 1643 for HD

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yep, it is what I was afraid of. It is on a limited package coverage. My folks won't get to see it. I really, really despise these corporate games. Well, at least they won't be getting any money from us for it. Meanwhile I'm recording it in PA off DirecTV. I'll see it when I get home.

643 and 1643 in Branford on U-verse.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Corporate games????
Games as in manipulation.

Extorting money out of folks through multiple providers picking up a game here or there so you must have numerous access points.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Makes even less sense to me???? What the heck are you talking about???
I am talking about the UCONN schedule being split up to numerous sources all of which must be bought separately in order to see the games. A couple of regular networks plus SNY are fine but for my folks who have limited economic resources and mental facilities to have to track down individual games and purchase channels for one month and then to remember to cancel them again because they will be on auto renew is to me corporate economic games. Watching the Red Sox and UCONN SPORTS is their basic joy and the complexity of this for them irritates me, especially, given the cost of service to start with.

Sorry, Meyers, but trying to take care of my folks as they diminish in their abilities just has me frustrated. I've wiping butts and changing sheets doing laundry three times a day and simply wish I had better solutions to maximize their ease and enjoyment of the small things.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Now you know how I felt when I was told Chong doesn't shoot a jumper.
And at least I gave you the evidence and support of numerous sites and history saying what I did in contrast to your argument which was but she leaves the ground. As I said if that was the definition of a jump shot then a lay up is a jump shot, too.

Reaction Score
They have a "channel finder" on the CBS SN page - you can drop in your ZIP code and service provider, and it gives you the channel.

LINK
Well, thanks, I guess. Glad you posted the channel finder link. Sorry it told me I don't get CBSSN.

Why, oh, why couldn't the game be on NBCSN?

Reaction Score
You have both tweeked my curiosity. Why doesn't Chong shoot a jumper?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There are a lot of folks, especially seniors, who have been hurt by UCONN's departure from CPTV.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There are a lot of folks, especially seniors, who have been hurt by UCONN's departure from CPTV.
My folks love the SNY coverage but the schedule is getting picked apart by multiple outlets. I wonder how much they make on folks forgetting to cancel service. The same had become true with CPTV.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Just to be clear, CBSSN has broadcast one UConn game per year since the 2008-2009 season, i.e, even when CPTV was broadcasting UConn games.

Reaction Score
Sorry, Icebear. Saniya shoots a jumper. It may not be conventional, but she does shoot a jump shot. Did Rick Barry not shoot free throws because he shot them underhanded?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sorry, Icebear. Saniya shoots a jumper. It may not be conventional, but she does shoot a jump shot. Did Rick Barry not shoot free throws because he shot them underhanded?
It is a one handed push shot as developed in the 1930s. It was developed by Hank Luisetti and a couple of contemporaneous players. It replaced the traditional two handed set shot and was shot off a bunny hop or a legged runner. There is some fascinating history surrounding Hank and his Stanford team and the importance of the shot. The key difference in identifying the two is whether the shot starts from the chin and shoulders with a push vs whether it is started from the eyes or above with an extension around the fulcrum of the elbow and a flip of the wrist.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Do me a favor. Show some control and don't read my posts. Don't reply to me. And don't defend me to anyone. Don't talk behind my back either. It's clear you are doing that.

Maybe a little self-examination would help. I don't pretend to be above it all.
No, I am not speaking behind your back. Two to five years ago people came complaining to me about you when I said I enjoyed you.

I, generally, enjoy you posts.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, CBSSN has broadcast one UConn game per year since the 2008-2009 season, i.e, even when CPTV was broadcasting UConn games.

An addendum to my previous post and and early heads-up: Rutgers at UConn on March 1 will also be carried on CBSSN.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UConnCat said:
An addendum to my previous post and and early heads-up: Rutgers at UConn on March 1 will also be carried on CBSSN.
oh wow. That's senior night. However, I'll be at that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom