Who gets your vote for the 2012 captains? | The Boneyard

Who gets your vote for the 2012 captains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So who do you think will be our captains next season? I found it easier last offseason to make my predictions for the captains but as of right now the only player can rule out for deserving te title is Johnny mcentee... But isnall seriousness I think my votes go to blidi wrehwilson, sio Moore, nick Williams and Ryan Griffen. Thoughts?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Blidi/Sio on Defense. Griffen is a pretty safe pick for Offense I think. Williams probably figures to get more playing time as a WR and will obviously have a huge impact on ST so that seems like a good choice too. Depends on how much the other players look at them as "leaders"

Reaction Score
So who do you think will be our captains next season? I found it easier last offseason to make my predictions for the captains but as of right now the only player can rule out for deserving te title is Johnny mcentee... But isnall seriousness I think my votes go to blidi wrehwilson, sio Moore, nick Williams and Ryan Griffen. Thoughts?

Those are good candidates, I would add Trevardo, Gratz, Jennings and McEntee as candidates.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Did anyone else see Dez's tweet post-game about HCPP saying that all positions would be evaluated but particularly QB and TE? I wouldn't be certain of Griffin as a lock for captain.

Also, if Shoemate is back next year, I could see him as a possibility. Not only as a RB but his special teams coverage when healthy was very good. Also very liked / respected in the locker room from what I understand.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Did anyone else see Dez's tweet post-game about HCPP saying that all positions would be evaluated but particularly QB and TE? I wouldn't be certain of Griffin as a lock for captain.

Also, if Shoemate is back next year, I could see him as a possibility. Not only as a RB but his special teams coverage when healthy was very good. Also very liked / respected in the locker room from what I understand.
Don't we have a JuCo TE coming in? If anything I would think he would slide in as the second TE over guys who some might have penciled. Griffin has all the attributes of a monster TE and I expect a big year from him next year.

Although that is an interesting comment from the head coach. You would think WR and OL would be getting a lot of evaluations considering we lose our 2 from each position.

Reaction Score
blidi wreh-wilson, jesse joseph, sio moore, and one player from the offense. i'd guess adam masters or ryan griffin.

Reaction Score
IMO, Blidi Wreh-Wilson and Sio Moore on defense, Adam Masters and either Ryan Griffin or Nick Williams on offense…

Reaction Score
Thinking their might need to be one underclassmen in the mix for a carry over to the next year like they did with Wreh Wilson.

Reaction Score
I agree that would be ideal, now things might change, but if you look at from today’s viewpoint and playing history, there are only 3 current/projected starters for 2012 who will be juniors and two are on the Oline – ot Kevin Friend, og Steve Greene and also there’s dt Shamar Stephen. Two others probably have a good chance at starting - ol Tyler Bullock and transfer mlb Ryan Donohue (if we go a 3-4 type defense)… In addition all three special team starting players are also juniors Chad Christian, Cole Wagner and Adam Mueller…

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I agree with most of the selections listed above...but I am not sure about Griffin. I thought he was disappointing this year....couple fumbles....few dropped passes. If that keeps up in practice he may see his playing time decrease.

I think Wreh-Wilson is a definite as is Sio. Tough call on offense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wilson and Joseph are locks. I suspect a QB will emerge as a captain. Smallwood is another possibility. Moore is a leader but has shown a lack of discipline on the field in spots.

Reaction Score
This is easy on defense Sio, and Blidi, on offense is not. I vote for the smart guys, the locker room hype guys Masters and McCombs.

Reaction Score
Blidi is the only lock. New coaching staff likely has different criteria in mind for captains than what we are used to. Based on what I saw from right behind the bench on saturday, the guy most involved in pumping up his teammates was TE Corey Manning.

Masters is a good bet, he is one intense dude and seems well respected around the offensive bench. Nick Williams seems to be liked and respected by everyone also, easily one of the toughest guys on the team. Shoemate is an interesting option, too. He's kind of an "elder statesman" type (assuming he is back: medical Red-shirt??).

On defense, Sio and Joseph/Trevardo are definite possibilities. Stephen is also interesting, although he seems the quiet type. Nobody mentioned Jory Johnson. Seems like he just brings his lunch pail everyday.

For reasons I won't explain here, I don't think Griffin or Junior will be captain. I also don't think McCombs is a candidate: too close to his suspension and he's too cocky on the field. This is still a blue-collar type team and they don't seem to appreciate the showboating.

My dark horse candidate: Gus Cruz

Reaction Score
I would be really surprised if any rs-sophomores or true sophomores for that matter, where selected as Captains…

Reaction Score
Yeah I think sio is a definite go he's a beast may not be a bad idea for either Smallwood or Johnson because of their on the field play.

Reaction Score
I don't see Nick Williams or Griffin as captains. I don't think they are involved enough in the offense to warrant that consideration. I like Blidi and Sio on defense and offensively...that's up in the air. We have to see who emerges in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom