Who gets invited to the combine? Who gets drated? | The Boneyard

Who gets invited to the combine? Who gets drated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Combine, T. Williams, Ryan Griffin, Sio Moore, BR Wilson, on the bubble Gratz.

Drafted, Wilson, Griffin, Williams, --- Signed as UDFA Sio, Gratz. On the bubble as UDFA, N. Williams, M. Smith.

Reaction Score
I agree with your 3 draft picks. Hope they prove me wrong, but I don't see any other NFL players in this year's class.

Reaction Score
Sio is at least a 6-7 round guy. His triangle number may even make him a 4-5 guy.

Reaction Score
Sio is at least a 6-7 round guy. His triangle number may even make him a 4-5 guy.

Sio is awfully small to be an NFL LB. Great football player, but compare him to 'Bama Wilson who hasn't made a mark yet.

Blidi is a no brainer. Griff plays in the league, though I'm not 100% sure he gets drafted given the way TEs come and go in the league. Trevardo is a bit of a risk, but has a lot of upside as a special teams coverage guy and a 3/4 pass rushing OLB, so he certainly gets drafted and has a chance. Gratz probably has the measureables but I'm just not sure he's a good enough cover guy.

Reaction Score
Could Gratz play safety? It looks like he hits like a ton of bricks.

Reaction Score
FWIW Sio was named Athlon Big East defensive player of the year.

Linky

Reaction Score
I met the head scout of the Atlanta Falcons after one of our games and cajoled him to tell me (he was reluctant) who he was watching and who he likes on our team. His answers. Your DEnd #48, your Kick Returner, your tight ends (plural), your corners, your linebackers especially #3. I asked him if he saw SEC talent on our team. His quick answer was "absolutely, you have several that could play for Alabama. The difference is they have a lot more of them", lol.

Reaction Score
I see Blidi and Trevardo definitely going. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple taken in the 6th and 7th rounds as well,

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think Griffin can be a legit NFL player. He's got the size and can run the seam route that a lot of NFL teams are using TE's for. UConn totally under-utilized him I feel and I think in the right system he can be rather dominant.

I agree that Sio is a lot like Wilson was and he's too small. Dunno if he'd find a spot. Trevardo, if drafted, will be converted to a LB. I can see him playing an OLB spot in a 3-4 scheme. He's got the speed to be pretty solid and can play DE if needed at times. I've seen on a lot of scouting/draft sites that Gratz is rated pretty high and likely to be drafted. Wouldn't surprise me and I like the idea of moving him to a safety possibly. Did Tyvon Branch play safety at UConn? Can't remember. BWW will be drafted as well. As for the rest....not so sure...I thought Teggart would be playing in the NFL right now and I totally blew that one. I'ms till holding out hope he will find a spot. I like Nick Williams a lot but I just can't see him making a team. Maybe he can make it as a special teamer/return guy. Don't see him making it as a receiver unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I think Griffin can be a legit NFL player. He's got the size and can run the seam route that a lot of NFL teams are using TE's for. I like Nick Williams a lot but I just can't see him making a team. Maybe he can make it as a special teamer/return guy. Don't see him making it as a receiver unfortunately.
Griffin is a no brainer for the draft. He's on lots of draft boards according to several agents that we met during the year. Williams was mentioned as being a "Wes Welker type" except that he's now a bit bigger and faster than Welker. How he gets used is another story.

Reaction Score
Griffin is a no brainer for the draft. He's on lots of draft boards according to several agents that we met during the year. Williams was mentioned as being a "Wes Welker type" except that he's now a bit bigger and faster than Welker. How he gets used is another story.

Williams is nothing like Wes Welker as a receiver, he is extremely unpolished. He absolutely will get a camp invite, but the fact that he can't contribute as a receiver will make it very difficult to stick with a team.

I would not be surprised to see Griffin drafted. Teams have to be convinced he can contribute on most of the special teams in order for him to be drafted, IMO. No doubt in my mind he can stick in the NFL, though. Great height and athleticism, and teams are really utilizing two tight sets more and more.

Reaction Score
Cowboys are starting to utilize cole Beasley who is a similar size wise reciever. The announcer thanksgiving commented teams are sesiring snall slot recievers Guys like nick Williams provide that X factor for you. It will depend on the team and opportunity to be right for a chance

Reaction Score
Cowboys are starting to utilize cole Beasley who is a similar size wise reciever. The announcer thanksgiving commented teams are sesiring snall slot recievers Guys like nick Williams provide that X factor for you. It will depend on the team and opportunity to be right for a chance

It's not opportunity for Williams, it is development as a receiver. He is no where near the receiver Wes Welker is, or Cole Beasley for that matter. He has to show he can consistently run the right routes, the right way, and needs to improve his catching. Not sure a team is willing to wait. So he needs to have a good showing in camp returning the ball. If not, he won't make a team. He has a long way to go as a receiver. With that said, I am rooting for him to make a team, and stand out in the return game.

Reaction Score
It's not opportunity for Williams, it is development as a receiver. He is no where near the receiver Wes Welker is, or Cole Beasley for that matter. He has to show he can consistently run the right routes, the right way, and needs to improve his catching. Not sure a team is willing to wait. So he needs to have a good showing in camp returning the ball. If not, he won't make a team. He has a long way to go as a receiver. With that said, I am rooting for him to make a team, and stand out in the return game.
Right ! I agree it would take the right opportunity and a team that would see his athleticism willing to take on a project with an undrafted player. His odds are slim as were Beasley n weaker

Reaction Score
I love Nick Williams. Great kid and a hell of a college football player. I just don't see NFL skill sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom