Who finishes? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who finishes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No you did not mention Faris by name. However by referring your post to a previous post which you did implied pitting one against another.

I implied nothing of the sort. I stated why I thought that poster might have Doty in at the end of the game. You're a mind reader now?

The original wanted to know who would be the starters at the end of the season. Does this or does not pit player against player since one must choose one player over another.

It's not pitting a player against another. It's just saying who that poster would have in at the end of the game. Now your statement about "any day and time" is pitting"

If you don't like to pit one player against another then don't participate on such posts. Everyone's opinion is allowed even Meyers7 and me.

Where are you getting that I don't think you should post? And I will participate where I chose, even if I don't agree with how it's being done.

BTW, what advance medical degree do you have that allows you to observe a player and determine if they are favoring a knee or not?

You need an advanced medical degree to have an opinion if someone looks like they are favoring a leg? I don't need a degree in psychiatry to know that you have some unresolved issues and are taking them out on me.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UConn 2010 - Moore, Hayes, Doty, Faris, Charles only one player above 6 foot.
Yes, but he said 4 GUARDS. Moore was a forward.

I see your point but Moore was very unique.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, but he said 4 GUARDS. Moore was a forward.

I see your point but Moore was very unique.
None the less the offensive structure was a 4 guard offense. Consider where Maya's shots came from on the floor, not really positions one would identify with a forward.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
None the less the offensive structure was a 4 guard offense. Consider where Maya's shots came from on the floor, not really positions one would identify with a forward.
Except for her great offensive rebounding and putbacks. But, like I said. I get where you are coming from.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Well, let's look at the Stanford game. Dolson subbed for Stokes with 5:46 left, and the score 57-51. Who else was in? Doty, Hayes, Hartley, and KML. The next sub wasn't until 2:28 left, and the score 64-53. Farris subbed for Doty. (Farris had subbed out at 10:29)
THANK YOU!

I really appreciate it when a BYer actually provides some information that really adds to a discussion.

In this case, you have Hayes, Hartley and Kaleena.. no one can seriously question why they are in at crunch time. And then you have Dolson and Faris coming in after some rest to help finish the game. Doty was in to help build the lead. She got that done and Kelly then replaced her with that great defense to finish the game.

Reaction Score
It depends on the game and situation, but from what we've seen so far I'd say obviously Dolson, Faris, KML, Hartley and probably Stokes. Substitute Hayes for Stokes if she's had a good game.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
It depends on the game and situation, but from what we've seen so far I'd say obviously Dolson, Faris, KML, Hartley and probably Stokes. Substitute Hayes for Stokes if she's had a good game.
Are you serious? You say Stokes is a stronger crunch time player than the only senior, Hayes?

Stokes is a very good young player, but, barring some crazy circumstance, she will never displace Tiff at crunch time. Never.

Reaction Score
Agree with Dolson, Faris, KML, Hartley. Both Tiffany and Kiah are question marks for me but they've both shown signs that they can be very effective on both offense and defense. Can't forget that rookies rarely get the calls.

Reaction Score
Although Kelly may not light up the stat sheet with points her defense leads to offense. She's always there when they need a rebound or a steal or a loose ball. They absolutely have to play her in crunch time either leading or behind. They have other scoring options. Between KML, Bria, Stef, Coroline and Tiff, one should have a hot hand and be the primary offensive target when a basket is needed. Also, having others as the primary scoring threat leaves Kelly open for more back door cuts and drive by's for lay ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom