Who files the first lawsuit? TCU.....? | The Boneyard

Who files the first lawsuit? TCU.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do they file after the BE does not fulfill their contract?

I can't believe the reshuffling doesn't cause someone to want compensation. Maybe UL?

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Louisville. They seem like the top-notch program that gets left out. I really like them and their fans. If things work out with the ACC (a HUGE if still), I see WVU going to the SEC. Louisville and Cincy will probably have to merge with Kansas in some non-BCS conference. I wouldn't blame them for suing, especially considering Pitt's involvement.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Louisville. They seem like the top-notch program that gets left out. I really like them and their fans. If things work out with the ACC (a HUGE if still), I see WVU going to the SEC. Louisville and Cincy will probably have to merge with Kansas in some non-BCS conference. I wouldn't blame them for suing, especially considering Pitt's involvement.
Better them then us.

Reaction Score
Better them then us.

I hate to be that guy ... but yeah.

Once we are settled someplace, I can worry about the others.

Nobody would be worrying for us if we were on the outside.

If the BE folds, there would be an open AQ spot. Maybe these "outsiders" can quickly unite and grab the bid ...

Edit ... but to answer the question, I think there will probably be litigation, but that will depend on who ends up aligned with which conference.

Reaction Score
Why is Louisville, Cincy, USF, Kansas, Kansas St., Missouri, Iowa St., TCU, not a BCS conference? It's at least as strong football-wise as the BE was post-2004. If they reform under the Big12 umbrella, I should think they keep their BCS autobid.

Reaction Score
Why is Louisville, Cincy, USF, Kansas, Kansas St., Missouri, Iowa St., TCU, not a BCS conference? It's at least as strong football-wise as the BE was post-2004. If they reform under the Big12 umbrella, I should think they keep their BCS autobid.

Throw in BSU and you're definitely in BCS territory.

Clearly the weakest though.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I would like to feel bad for Louiville but I'm constantly reminded about how they're fanbase reacted and treated us after faircatch gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Add Boise, UCF, Houston, and pick one other for 12 teams to break up the travel a bit and have a championship game and it is definitely viable for AQ status (for as long as the current BCS structure lasts). I care about UConn first (of course), but really do hope all remaining BE teams and TCU land in an BCS AQ situation.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Big East AutoQualifier is good for something.

Football:
------------------
Louisville
Cincy
USF
TCU
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State

Basketball
------------------
PC
Nova
Georgetown
Marquette
Seton Hall
St John's
ND (maybe)
DePaul

Still 8 or 9 teams heading to the NCAA tourney in that lineup

Reaction Score

I think they could form a BCS worthy league.

If UConn and RU depart, does that league play under the BE name, or do the leave leave the b-ball only schools behind?

I am not sure I see the benefit of having Seton Hall and Providence flying out to Ames, IA and Manhattan, KS for a women's b-ball game ...

Reaction Score
I dunno, I think all remaining BE FB schools get on the horn w/ B12 and just go there. Keep B12 name, their AQ, and get away from the BE BB schools and Marinate. If UConn doesn't get an invite to ACC or B1G that is what I'd hope we'd do. Time to break clean (actually, time to do this was years ago, but....)

Reaction Score
The Big East AutoQualifier is good for something.

Football:
------------------
Louisville
Cincy
USF
TCU
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State

That is a solid league. I think they would even be able to pull in a some other programs of the UCF caliber. But I'm not sure that that league operates under the Big East name.

Reaction Score
I would steer clear of the TCU administrators IF I were the Pitt President Nordenberg. After inviting them a few months ago (as BE chair), he decides to walk.

Reaction Score
So for those who keep mentioning merging with the Big 12, does the Big East swallow the Big 12 or vice-versa? Either would be AQ status, at least until the next wave of BCS changes happens.

Who will the leftover's want in charge: Marinatto, Beebe or throw out both and start fresh?
Do you want your conference HQ in the mid-west, or on the east coast?
More importantly, do you want to continue the split fball/bball experiment that hasn't worked well?
Can you split from the bball only people and retain the Big East moniker and AQ bid?

While I'd like to see the Big East survive, I think on paper it makes more sense to leave the basketball only schools in the dust given that the football/basketball split hasn't really worked politically. I also think that if that occurs, you would have to give up the Big East name and AQ bid (again, fine if you get the Big 12's) because five or six football schools aren't going to have the votes to kick out the basketball schools.

On the flip side, if the Big East stays as is with the split and swallows the Big 12, you're looking at what, 20 to 22 basketball schools? That's way too many.

Reaction Score
I see the football programs joining a big 12 hybrid and the Catholics possibly poaching Xavier, Temple, and maybe St Joes to build an excellent bball league on par with almost anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom