Who does Hurley have to land to solidify this class? | The Boneyard

Who does Hurley have to land to solidify this class?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Imo he needs to land one of the three at least. Akok,kofi or precious. One of those three and he can change the culture or at least the perception at UConn. Still think what he does with current roster plays into it a lot.

Hurley is still unproven. Uri to UConn isn’t like Mac going from big east to ACC.

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I think one of Akok or Cockburn is fair. No one knows what’s going to happen with Achiuwa so I think it’s hard to have a rational expectation with him.

If Danny can get one of Akok or Cockburn, as we all hope for both, I think this first class is a success. I, like all of you, have extreme anxiety over Akok at the moment but I think we just need to really trust this staff to land at least one of the big 3 names on our wish list. After Bouknight and Gaffney, I think we got spoiled thinking it was easy....this is still an incredibly volatile and unpredictable process.

Close, Danny...Close.

Reaction Score
We have two ESPN Top 100 recruits committed already (Bouknight and Gaffney). Of the five recruits that the staff has invested a lot of time in and has a pretty good chance of landing, 4 of them are Top 100 recruits:

Precious - #9
Kofi - #31
Akok - #39
Tre - #80
Wahab - NR

If we land any of Precious/Kofi/Akok/Tre that would give us 3 Top 100 recruits, which is a big achievement given the fact we are coming off back to back losing seasons and Hurley has only been at UConn for roughly 7 months.

With 3 Top 100 recruits, a top tier grad-transfer, and a scholarship saved for 2020 that would be a great start to Hurley's first recruiting (2018 doesn't really count) class, and that seems to be the worst-case scenario of all of UConn's realistic scenarios for 2019. We could easily end up with 5 top 100 recruits in Hurley's first full recruiting class.

Also food for thought, as of today the rest of the 11 AAC teams have zero commits from ESPN's top 100... yes ZERO. Hopefully Penny can change that at Memphis. This makes what Hurley has done so far even that more commendable.

Reaction Score
We have two ESPN Top 100 recruits committed already (Bouknight and Gaffney). Of the five recruits that the staff has invested a lot of time in and has a pretty good chance of landing, 4 of them are Top 100 recruits:

Precious - #9
Kofi - #31
Akok - #39
Tre - #80
Wahab - NR

If we land any of Precious/Kofi/Akok/Tre that would give us 3 Top 100 recruits, which is a big achievement given the fact we are coming off back to back losing seasons and Hurley has only been at UConn for roughly 7 months.

With 3 Top 100 recruits, a top tier grad-transfer, and a scholarship saved for 2020 that would be a great start to Hurley's first recruiting (2018 doesn't really count) class, and that seems to be the worst-case scenario of all of UConn's realistic scenarios for 2019. We could easily end up with 5 top 100 recruits in Hurley's first full recruiting class.

Also food for thought, as of today the rest of the 11 AAC teams have zero commits from ESPN's top 100... yes ZERO. Hopefully Penny can change that at Memphis. This makes what Hurley has done so far even that more commendable.
Agree with everything except for saving scholarships, we should be filling every spot we have

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom