Who do we root for this weekend? | The Boneyard

Who do we root for this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

If we win out? I know USF over Cuse... WVU over Cinci? Or Cinci over WVU which takes the mountaineers out of it and hope for Cinci to lose to us and either Cuse or RU? Things could get mighty interesting ...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
imho.....USF, Cinci and Rutgers....

agree. for the long term health of our program, it would be in our interest if Syracuse, WVU and Pitt lost out to the extent possible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are holding onto BCS dreams, you want WVU to beat Cinci and Louisville to beat Pitt. Then you just need to win out and have Pitt beat WVU and hello BCS!

Reaction Score
I think the nation is rooting for Nebraska over Penn State.

Reaction Score
I think the nation is rooting for Nebraska over Penn State.

I find that interesting. Not one player on PSU has anything to do with this scandal. They are the ones who are being put upon by all this. I will find it hard to root against the PSU players, who have been put through a lot of crap for something they have nothing to do with.

Reaction Score
I find that interesting. Not one player on PSU has anything to do with this scandal. They are the ones who are being put upon by all this. I will find it hard to root against the PSU players, who have been put through a lot of crap for something they have nothing to do with.

I think rooting interest will be very mixed for different reasons. Some will root for PSU because they realize the players & fans had nothing to do with this and have been put in a horrible situation. Other people will root hard against them, seeing the PSU team as representing an institution that is corrupt and has disgraced itself by allowing these horrific crimes to persist. Just the way people think.

Reaction Score

I made no judgement in my statement, just my opinion about the mood of the public. I agree that it sucks for the players, but when the name names 'Nebraska' and 'Penn State' come up, the first thought in people's minds isn't about the players.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I want whatever will help us get to the Pinstripe Bowl. I'll leave the details up to the experts.

Reaction Score
Watching USF play and Syracuse play, both are ok teams. We beat both, and I'm thinking we're play without a BCS level QB, have a small RB who has too many carries, an offensive line that gives up a lot of sacks, a defense that gives up big plays and has trouble in coverage. Am I sensing a repeat of 2010, nah, the sports gods gave me the boys basketball championship in April. But, I have been very good this year, sooooooo, maybe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I want whatever will help us get to the Pinstripe Bowl. I'll leave the details up to the experts.

I agree would love a bid to Pinstripe Bowl. Probably need UConn to finish 4-3 and RU to lose out.

As for Penn State, I sort of want to see that team come together and find a way to beat Nebraska tomorrow. Assuming Bradley is clean, would be an amazing effort to find a way to win.

Reaction Score
We need Wake Forest to beat Clemson. If Wake then upsets VaTech in the ACC Championship Game, UConn gets a weaker opponent in The Orange Bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We need Wake Forest to beat Clemson. If Wake then upsets VaTech in the ACC Championship Game, UConn gets a weaker opponent in The Orange Bowl.

This is the kind of wishful thinking I like. You might as well go all in. All Wake has to do is beat Clemson and VPI. I wish I had thought of it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We need someone to knock off Cincy before we play them or we are already eliminated from the conference title. The WVU-Cincy game is the only one that really matters to us this weekend.

Reaction Score
Assuming we win out....

Ville beats Pitt
Pitt beats WVU
WVU or Rutgers beat Cincy

Then the whole CFB world will hate us again...and I'll be loving every second of it!

Reaction Score
We need someone to knock off Cincy before we play them or we are already eliminated from the conference title. The WVU-Cincy game is the only one that really matters to us this weekend.

I will not be rooting for WVU.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As for Penn State, I sort of want to see that team come together and find a way to beat Nebraska tomorrow. Assuming Bradley is clean, would be an amazing effort to find a way to win.

Then I want the team to do what is rumored, walk the game ball to JoePa's house.

Reaction Score
Then I want the team to do what is rumored, walk the game ball to JoePa's house.

Why? You don't think Paterno has a sizable measure of culpability in this whole thing?

Reaction Score
I'll be pulling hard for Penn St. As many of you know, Tom Bradley is Brad Kanuch's uncle. Brad's mom Kitty is Tom's brother. Her other brother Jim is team physician for the Pittsburgh Steelers and past Pres of NFL physicians. Those of you who have gotten to know Kitty and husband Dan over the years of Brad's playing for the Huskies know what a great family they are.

Reaction Score
Rooting or not rooting for Penn St is not a litmus test on whether you abhor what happened there.

Reaction Score
Then what is it?

You're rooting for evil to be rewarded. The PSU program is built on this silence.

Reaction Score
Rooting interests for this week :

Houston over Tulane - check
USF over Syracuse - check
Boise over TCU
Air Force over Wyoming
Cincinnati over WVU
Louisville over Pitt
UCF over So Miss
BYU over Idaho

Watching w/ interest, don't care about outcome : Navy vs SMU, Rutgers vs Army

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Joe Pa can claim ignorance all he wants but there are a few things that I don't see how he can explain.

There was allegedly an incident in 1998 which led to Sandusky's abrupt retirement in 1999. While Joe Pa may not have known the graphic details of that incident, there is no way that (within a program that he managed as thoroughly as he did for as long as he had at that point) he didn't know at a minimum the basic nature of the allegations which led to Sandusky retiring.

If Joe Pa did (as has been reported pretty much everywhere) send the information that McQueary gave him up the chain of command (as is required), how does he not know that this is something serious (even if he wasn't given the details of what Sandusky was doing to the ten year old) and make sure that this is addressed even if those above him in the chain of command claim it doesn't need to be pursued?

The dots between what little we do know of what Joe Pa was aware of (even if we do believe that he wasn't aware of the bulk of what was going on or the details to these incidents) are far too easy to connect and lead someone to be very alarmed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why? You don't think Paterno has a sizable measure of culpability in this whole thing?

I think it's (mostly) all his fault. The football team walking the ball to his house would show that PSU is a bunch of phonies and confirm the fact that the Blue out and "candlelight vigil" for the victims is all nonsense.

Reaction Score
I think it's (mostly) all his fault. The football team walking the ball to his house would show that PSU is a bunch of phonies and confirm the fact that the Blue out and "candlelight vigil" for the victims is all nonsense.

Got you... I was worried for a second... Now your statement makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom