Who do they remind you of? | The Boneyard

Who do they remind you of?

Reaction Score
Okay, I am beyond super bored right now... this Covid19 stuff has been going on for a month now and sadly I think we have a long time to go... So taking a break from working at home... I was wondering if we could talk about the new students we have coming in... and those committed to UCONN...

So I am curious as to which former UCONN players the incoming players reminds you of.... or a non UCONN player... I know all players are going to be themselves... but is there a Kelly Faris type in there who will do all the right things but not be super flashy or a big time scorer but who will contribute in all the right ways. Is there a three point shooter like a KML or KLS, Is there an all around DT/Maya type player? Anyone who can be the next Tina or Dolson or Stewie? Are any the next Cassie Kerns, Molly Bent, or Heather Buck? And no disrespect meant by that....

Paige Bueckers
Aaliyah Edwards
Paith Gabriel
Mir McLean
Nika Muhl
Amari DeBerry
Caroline Ducharme
Saylor Poffenbarger
Isuneh Brady.

I would love to hear what people think... I know we can look at HS Stats... but how will it relate to college....

Reaction Score
Amari reminds me of Liv. Height, skin tone and the bun. The look sorta alike to me. We shall see if skill level and impact on the UConn programs will be the same. Excited for the future.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Bueckers has a Taurasi-like flair to her game. More of a driver than a shooter though compared to DT from the footage I've seen. Note--Paige can shoot, but I don't expect it to be the trademark of her game like it has been for DT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Bueckers has a Taurasi-like flair to her game. More of a driver than a shooter though compared to DT from the footage I've seen. Note--Paige can shoot, but I don't expect it to be the trademark of her game like it has been for DT.
I generally refrain from all this comparison-mania, but I see shades of Taurasi and Penicheiro in Bueckers.

Reaction Score
Having seen Ice Brady in person 3 times, I would most liken her to Morgan Tuck -- though I'm not sure she can be as good as a healthy Tuck would have been (tho Ice is only a sophomore, with lots of time to grow and improve). Brady is strong and thick, has a nice touch around the basket, and can step out and hit the 3 now and then. All of which remind me of Tuck. She's 6'3" ish right now, to Tuck's 6'2". So similar here as well.

Reaction Score
Paige--DT
Edwards-Pheesa, Swin
Piath-Kara Wolters, Asja Jones, McClaren, Stokes
Mir-Gabby, Barbara Turner, Ashley Battle and I hope some Kelly Faris
Nika-Sue Bird and a little Renee, maybe some pre-injury Doty
Amari-Liv and it would be great if she could channel Lobo
Caroline-Anne Strother, KLS
Saylor-Strother, KLS, and I hope Sveta
Brady-Tina Charles
??Fudd--love child of KML and Maya Moore

I'll throw that out for discussion.... I've been watching NC games....

Reaction Score
Paige--DT
Edwards-Pheesa, Swin
Brady-Tina Charles

You’re just playing a match game with all the names you know. Some of your matches have no similarities at all. Piath and Stokes? Come on mannnn!! Lol

Reaction Score
Just last night I was asking myself who Isuneh Brady reminded me of. I'm very excited about ALL the above listed recruits and verbals, but I am really looking forward to Isuneh. It's been a while since Uconn had a strong, elite banger in the paint that can move bodies around. The fact that Isuneh is a lefty with a three point shot is a huge added bonus. She is also a well coached, high character person. So Isuneh reminds me of a taller Morgan Tuck with healthier knees, and I also see a bit of A'ja Wilson. Hopefully Isuneh can develop some of Morgan's masterful footwork at Uconn.

Reaction Score
You’re just playing a match game with all the names you know. Some of your matches have no similarities at all. Piath and Stokes? Come on mannnn!! Lol
A little more respect would be appreciated in your disagreement. I doubt you know what is in my mind so please stick with your thoughts and please don't assume mine.

As I said, I've now watched almost every NC game in the last week or so and these are my personal observations.

So what are your comparisons if you are going to throw stones at otherd?

Reaction Score
A little more respect would be appreciated in your disagreement. I doubt you know what is in my mind so please stick with your thoughts and please don't assume mine.

As I said, I've now watched almost every NC game in the last week or so and these are my personal observations.

So what are your comparisons if you are going to throw stones at otherd?
Ok I respect your thought but disagree. I mentioned that only Amari and Liv “lookalike”. No players ability comparisons from me yet. I watched 2003 UConn vs Tenn game yesterday. Saw a few of the ladies you mentioned. There is no way any of us have seen enough of the recruits to compare them to former UConn players yet some will try as always.

Reaction Score
They will all be good with at least 3 incredible and 2 out of this world talented.

Reaction Score
Paige--DT
Edwards-Pheesa, Swin
Brady-Tina Charles

Dear God I hope you are right or close to right. Especially the last one... made me laugh... but OH MY....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I see Saylor resembling Ann, Lou, and Sveta. She's more solid than Ann and Lou, and slightly shorter than Lou. She's Sveta's size and glides in a similar fashion. When I think that Saylor shoots from deep, finishes on the break, grabs rebounds, blocks shots, make steals, and puts 50' passes on the money, I think of another stat stuffer we had named Maya. The bodies are not similar, but the impact on the game is.

Yeah, Azzi is like a Maya/Kaleena combo on a thinner frame. Her shooting form is close to Maya's and the accuracy is like Kaleena's. She's not as strong or explosive as Maya, but she's quicker than Kaleena and about the same height.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Paige--DT
Edwards-Pheesa, Swin
Brady-Tina Charles

I haven't seen anyone this upbeat since Julie on The Love Boat.

Reaction Score
Okay, I am beyond super bored right now... this Covid19 stuff has been going on for a month now and sadly I think we have a long time to go... So taking a break from working at home... I was wondering if we could talk about the new students we have coming in... and those committed to UCONN...

So I am curious as to which former UCONN players the incoming players reminds you of.... or a non UCONN player... I know all players are going to be themselves... but is there a Kelly Faris type in there who will do all the right things but not be super flashy or a big time scorer but who will contribute in all the right ways. Is there a three point shooter like a KML or KLS, Is there an all around DT/Maya type player? Anyone who can be the next Tina or Dolson or Stewie? Are any the next Cassie Kerns, Molly Bent, or Heather Buck? And no disrespect meant by that....

Paige Bueckers
Aaliyah Edwards
Paith Gabriel
Mir McLean
Nika Muhl
Amari DeBerry
Caroline Ducharme
Saylor Poffenbarger
Isuneh Brady.

I would love to hear what people think... I know we can look at HS Stats... but how will it relate to college....
Having just watched a few YouTube videos of Nika Muhl, I saw a lot of Sue Bird game in her. Nika's quickness, speed, court awareness, pinpoint passing, ability to stop on a dime to get off a shot, and 3 point shooting all reminded me of SB's game.

Additionally, I came away stunned at how many times she was able to poke check (sorry for the hockey term but it is the most apt description I can think of) the ball from the gal she was defending, and it wasn't against just one team or one over matched player, but against many different players on many different high quality European National teams; she may be as big a pest as Mo Jeff. Oh, I don't want to forget to mention her relentless motor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers-DT
Aaliyah Edwards- Swin Cash
Paith Gabriel-Michala Johnson
Mir McLean. Kalana Greene
Nika Muhl- Caroline Doty
Amari DeBerry-Azura Stevens
Caroline Ducharme-Courtney Ekmark
Saylor Poffenbarger-Ann Strother
Isuneh Brady-Morgan Tuck

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers-DT
Nika Muhl- Caroline Doty
Isuneh Brady-Morgan Tuck
DeBerry- Stevens? How so?

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers-DT
Nika Muhl- Caroline Doty
Isuneh Brady-Morgan Tuck
Fun comparisons! Great job in my opinion for what its worth. The one thing with Brady is I have yet to see the patient deliberate nature of Tuck in Brady's film but I hope she has that trait. Until I see that, I've gone with T Charles. Thanks for playing the game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
DeBerry- Stevens? How so?
Both are tall & not built for a power game. Can effectively take you away from the basket but could not making a living in the paint.

Reaction Score
Both are tall & not built for a power game. Can effectively take you away from the basket but could not making a living in the paint.
Let’s hope DeBerry works harder on her paint game. We could use a rim protector and a Duncan like paint game.

Reaction Score
I see Saylor resembling Ann, Lou, and Sveta. She's more solid than Ann and Lou, and slightly shorter than Lou. She's Sveta's size and glides in a similar fashion. When I think that Saylor shoots from deep, finishes on the break, grabs rebounds, blocks shots, make steals, and puts 50' passes on the money, I think of another stat stuffer we had named Maya. The bodies are not similar, but the impact on the game is.

Yeah, Azzi is like a Maya/Kaleena combo on a thinner frame. Her shooting form is close to Maya's and the accuracy is like Kaleena's. She's not as strong or explosive as Maya, but she's quicker than Kaleena and about the same height.

Don't kid yourself. Ann Strother was tough. She was one of the main reasons D was successful without another superstar. She played hard all the time and was a shutdown defender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom