Who do they remind you of? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who do they remind you of?

Reaction Score
Okay, I am beyond super bored right now... this Covid19 stuff has been going on for a month now and sadly I think we have a long time to go... So taking a break from working at home... I was wondering if we could talk about the new students we have coming in... and those committed to UCONN...

So I am curious as to which former UCONN players the incoming players reminds you of.... or a non UCONN player... I know all players are going to be themselves... but is there a Kelly Faris type in there who will do all the right things but not be super flashy or a big time scorer but who will contribute in all the right ways. Is there a three point shooter like a KML or KLS, Is there an all around DT/Maya type player? Anyone who can be the next Tina or Dolson or Stewie? Are any the next Cassie Kerns, Molly Bent, or Heather Buck? And no disrespect meant by that....

Paige Bueckers
Aaliyah Edwards
Paith Gabriel
Mir McLean
Nika Muhl
Amari DeBerry
Caroline Ducharme
Saylor Poffenbarger
Isuneh Brady.

I would love to hear what people think... I know we can look at HS Stats... but how will it relate to college....

Poor Heather. She did less with more physical tools than any other UConn player. Her teammates had no confidence in her, so they adamantly refused to pass her the ball. Coach Geno once publicly said it's time for her to start earning her scholarship.

She did have one brief shining moment, however. She came into the Baylor game and guarded Britney Griner for 7 minutes, holding her to- what?- 2 points over that stretch. Not much to look back on over four years.

But as I say, "poor Heather."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself. Ann Strother was tough. She was one of the main reasons D was successful without another superstar. She played hard all the time and was a shutdown defender.
I agree that Ann was tough. I’m just saying that Saylor is a little bulkier and more muscular.

Reaction Score
Doesn't mean better. Hopefully, she'll be at least as good. That would be incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom