• Shabazz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deandre

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any votes for DD points and rebounds and i believe 3 blocks too almost perfect but 6? Turnovers i think? Brimah is the man!

Reaction Score
Popular opinion will be DeAndre, but for my money it's Boatright. His final line: 15 points, 6 of 9 from the field, 3 of 3 from deep, 5 assists, 1 turnover. This is just the type of player we need him to be this season - maybe Napier and DeAndre will grab most of the headlines, but those of us who value efficiency and mistake-free basketball will not neglect his efforts.

Reaction Score
Popular opinion will be DeAndre, but for my money it's Boatright. His final line: 15 points, 6 of 9 from the field, 3 of 3 from deep, 5 assists, 1 turnover. This is just the type of player we need him to be this season - maybe Napier and DeAndre will grab most of the headlines, but those of us who value efficiency and mistake-free basketball will not neglect his efforts.
He did it quietly too..if i had the box score and saw his contributions i would of added him

Reaction Score
A push for me DD and Boat tied for player of game but Amida completely shell shocked me with his ability to block shots, his relentless motor, length. It now is crystal clear what Ollie meant when he said Brimah was the most passionate player he saw during last year's recruiting process. He's got special written all over him.

Reaction Score
I have to say Brimah. I really wish he could keep this up vs the more difficult competition. If thats the case it would be like the old days when we led the nation in blocked shots 10 years in a row. Give credit to Kromah who had 8 pts and 5 assts in only 16 mins. This team is very deep but most importantly its loaded with veterans. The one thing we have in common with all 3 championships is the veteran leadership especially in the backcourt 99(Moore, Jones) 04(Taliek, Ben) 2011(Kemba Beverly).

Reaction Score
I have to say Brimah. I really wish he could keep this up vs the more difficult competition. If thats the case it would be like the old days when we led the nation in blocked shots 10 years in a row. Give credit to Kromah who had 8 pts and 5 assts in only 16 mins. This team is very deep but most importantly its loaded with veterans. The one thing we have in common with all 3 championships is the veteran leadership especially in the backcourt 99(Moore, Jones) 04(Taliek, Ben) 2011(Kemba Beverly).
yea i feel real good about this year, especially adding the chip on our shoulders to the equation

Reaction Score

I was surprised to see him running alot of PG late in the game once Boat and Bazz sat. He had a few iffy passes but he showed a nice feel out there.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I expected DD and the other vets to have a decent game but AB surprised me. Can't wait untill the next exibition to see if it carries over from game to game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Team!

I felt that UConn was really in trouble with SN out of the game last season! I don't see that this season. This will allow SN to rest more and this bodes well over the course of the season and tournament time.

Brimah and Nolan would and should get a lot of attention because it is possible the weak link people projected prior to the season may turn out to be decent.

But I loved other facets of the game. It was nice to have DD start where he left off last season, NG was more assertive on offense, Terrence Samuel and Lasan Kromah provided great backup at the guard position, RB was in control and SN was letting others develop!

I liked that KO was experimenting with different line ups, and giving the new guys lots of opportunities. It will be interesting to see if he shortens the bench as the season progresses or if continues to develop the multiple options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom