Who can Name all 6 UConn players... | The Boneyard

Who can Name all 6 UConn players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
From CD's bio on the new website: "Under her direction, Connecticut's recruiting base spans the nation and the globe, with players joining the program from 29 different states, the District of Columbia and six foreign countries."

Well, off the top of my head I only came up with:
Schuey - Canada
Svet - Russia
T. Abralic - Yugoslavia?
R. Sadiq - Nigeria

Who are the others?? 1 or 2 must be pre-1991.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We had a walk-on who earned a scholarship a few years ago (Stacy something?). She was from New Mexico, does that count?

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
From CD's bio on the new website: "Under her direction, Connecticut's recruiting base spans the nation and the globe, with players joining the program from 29 different states, the District of Columbia and six foreign countries."

Schuey - Canada
Svet - Russia
T. Abralic - Yugoslavia?
R. Sadiq - Nigeria

Orly Grossman (sp?) - Israel 1991
"Big Rig" Christine Rigby was a Canadian, but she transferred from Santa Clara. Don't know if that counts.

psconn

Reaction Score
Orly Grossman (sp?) - Israel 1991
"Big Rig" Christine Rigby was a Canadian, but she transferred from Santa Clara. Don't know if that counts.

OK, Grossman may be the 5th but Canada was already taken by Schuey. The sentence said "6 foreign countries"... hmmmm Chino, CA??? Piscataway???

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jess McCormack from New Zealand. She transferred from Washington and although she never played she was with the team for a year.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
We had a walk-on who earned a scholarship a few years ago (Stacy something?). She was from New Mexico, does that count?

Shame, Kib! Shame! Shame! Shame! UConnHenry drove a poor innocent UNM fan off the Boneyard several years ago with that stchick. Do you want to be known as the reincarnation of UConnHenry? :oops:

psconn

Reaction Score
Jess McCormack from New Zealand. She transferred from Washington and although she never played she was with the team for a year.

That is probably #6 (as weak as it is to claim her as a "player").

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Morgan and Ashley...Colchester, VT is practically a suburb of Montreal:).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Shame, Kib! Shame! Shame! Shame! UConnHenry drove a poor innocent UNM fan off the Boneyard several years ago with that stchick. Do you want to be known as the reincarnation of UConnHenry? :oops:
It was Stacy Marron! And my remark was deliberately so outrageous that I am confident anyone from across the border in New Mexico would simply be convinced that I am yet another hopeless case.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, perhaps I am!

Reaction Score
OK, Grossman may be the 5th but Canada was already taken by Schuey. The sentence said "6 foreign countries"... hmmmm Chino, CA??? Piscataway???

The wording seems like Schuey would count as a Canadian under that criteria, but remember Schuey while coming from a Canadian school isn't actually a Canadian. She's grew up in the Cincinnati area IIRC. But Rigby is actually Canadian so between the two of them UConn has had a Canadian player using whether the criteria is where they came to UConn from or their actual nationality.

Reaction Score

Schuey - Canada
Svet - Russia
T. Abralic - Yugoslavia?
R. Sadiq - Nigeria

psconn

Reaction Score
T. Abrlic was from Croatia

Not a historian, but since Serbia and Croatia declared independance in 1991, its a safe bet (I think) that Tiana (sp) was born in Yugoslavia. Can we both get partial credit? :cool:

psconn

Reaction Score
The wording seems like Schuey would count as a Canadian under that criteria, but remember Schuey while coming from a Canadian school isn't actually a Canadian. She's grew up in the Cincinnati area IIRC. But Rigby is actually Canadian so between the two of them UConn has had a Canadian player using whether the criteria is where they came to UConn from or their actual nationality.

Very good point. I would say that Big Rig was the "true Canadian." Schuey was transplanted to/from Canada for the expressed purpose of erasing about 9 Tennessee shots in the 2000 NC. :D

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Didn't we have a player a while back whom Geno said was from another planet? Does that count?

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Very good point. I would say that Big Rig was the "true Canadian." Schuey was transplanted to/from Canada for the expressed purpose of erasing about 9 Tennessee shots in the 2000 NC. :D

I thought the subject was recruiting under the direction of CD. How much recruiting is involved in getting a player to transfer such as Big Rig did? That used to be called tampering. Meanwhile, Schuey may have been an American citizen, but she was recruited in Canada. Sheez ... I'm getting so confused by all this I'm beginning to turn into the guy on the right.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Grizz, you are way more than 36. I don't think people are going to buy your new moniker.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score

You remind me of a column that has appeared in New Mexico magazine for years. It's called "One of our 50 is missing." And it contains loads of stories about people thinking that one needs a passport to go to there from the rest of the US.

http://www.nmmagazine.com/50missing_nov11.php

Incidentally, my family has lived in New Mexico for over 40 years. If you haven't been there, I recommend it. One of the most beautiful places in America. My niece is currently attending the University of New Mexico. Anyone know about the Lobos' women's team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom