Who Can Help with Holy Cross Tickets? | The Boneyard

Who Can Help with Holy Cross Tickets?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey guys,

So I'm helping to organize a tailgate/game fundraiser before the Holy Cross game. It's run by some Holy Cross alums and also some UConn folks and is to benefit the Hartford Catholic Worker, who run an awesome after school program for kids on Clark St in Hartford. We're looking to get tickets donated so that we can raffle them off before the game and donate 100% of the proceeds to the HCW. Now, I'm trying to find some sources to donate tix to me for this. Are any of you unable to attend the game and willing to pledge your tickets? Or do you guys know of folks at UConn who may be willing to give away some tix to us for a fundraiser? Appreciate it. Also, here's a link to the HCW website so you can see what they're all about. Also, if any of you want to come buy, there will be a tailgate with booze and food--there's no cost, just a suggested donation of whatever you have.

Thanks guys,
Mike

The Hartford Catholic Worker

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Are any of you unable to attend the game and willing to pledge your tickets?

If people are going to tailgate and buy in to your raffle at the Holy Cross game, I'd expect them to have tickets for that game. It might make more sense to raffle tickets to future UConn football games. Tickets to ANY future event that get donated should be raffled off... tickets to the Holy Cross don't have as much value at that point. Good luck raising lots of money!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If people are going to tailgate and buy in to your raffle at the Holy Cross game, I'd expect them to have tickets for that game. It might make more sense to raffle tickets to future UConn football games. Tickets to ANY future event that get donated should be raffled off... tickets to the Holy Cross don't have as much value at that point. Good luck raising lots of money!
The point of the Holy Cross game is to pull in HC alumni too given the cause

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm too confused to help right now. UConnphil's name is Mike?

Legit advice is that you are too early. Game is in about 60 days - if you want to reach out for ticket donations you should start 10-14 days prior.

Yes, my name is Mike...I created my account while in undergrad at UConn, working on philosophy homework (and a philosophy major). Thus, uconnphil. To your real advice, agreed...more or less trying to plant the seed at this point

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, my name is Mike...I created my account while in undergrad at UConn, working on philosophy homework (and a philosophy major). Thus, uconnphil. To your real advice, agreed...more or less trying to plant the seed at this point

Traffic is higher once practice starts too.

You need a scorecard to keep the real Mikes separate from the fake Mikes @lavuuk153

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight, someone is looking for free tickets so they can be given to the other teams' fans? Have we become that big of a joke?

Reaction Score
Email Benedict. He gave away two tickets free to all season ticket holders for the Maine game last year. Which everyone on here loved! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My mind is blown that people get degrees in philosophy.

A peer of mine is a PhD in philosophy. Worthless.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My mind is blown that people get degrees in philosophy.

A peer of mine is a PhD in philosophy. Worthless.

It really depends what you want to do. A bachelors in philosophy on its own won't get you much, but neither will any other BA or BS outside of engineering or accounting/finance. Philosophy is really good prep for law school, and philosophy majors get the highest LSAT scores across all majors. In my case, philosophy was super helpful in getting me into a good seminary, and helpful in building a foundation for a lot of the theology I have to read now

Reaction Score
It really depends what you want to do. A bachelors in philosophy on its own won't get you much, but neither will any other BA or BS outside of engineering or accounting/finance. Philosophy is really good prep for law school, and philosophy majors get the highest LSAT scores across all majors. In my case, philosophy was super helpful in getting me into a good seminary, and helpful in building a foundation for a lot of the theology I have to read now
My sample size and opinion is based off of a single individual. I am sure the general population of philosophy graduates are doing quite well.

Reaction Score
Mind. Blown.

As long as this is true confessions, my real name is Bob. I created my account while coaching the D at Notre Dame in anticipation of landing the head coaching gig at UCONN. I figured if Charlie Molnar could land the UMASS job the worst that could happen is I would pocket about 3.5 Mil in the process in Storrs. After Charlie failed with the Minute Men all he could get was a position coaching job at Idaho making around 50K per. I now live in the land of Corn, making 800K and nobody has issues with my Red pants. (Eat your heart out Charlie- Hollywood looks pays!) By the way, my pants are not Red they are Mellon color. It's a relief finally came out of the closet.

PS - Anyone interested in any Hayden Fry books?

Hayden fry 1.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom