Who came to play today? | The Boneyard

Who came to play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides Hartley? She was awesome.

I give Stokes credit for some good minutes.
Hayes was pretty good in the 2nd half, but 1st half was a dud.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
They all came to play. Hartley played better than anyone else but there was no lack of effort. Big disappointment was the poor free throw shooting. Can't blame refs or home crowd or ND defense or faulty coaching for that.

Bummer.

Reaction Score
UConn is a young team and today it showed especially in OT where the offense was not organized as all. They all played very hard and gave it all they have but in this game all the flows of UConn were exposed. With all that said UConn was close to winning this game…..

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I agree. So disrespectful to the players.
True, but this was a mild comment relative to some of the idiocy posted in the game thread.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
True, but this was a mild comment relative to some of the idiocy posted in the game thread.

Just one of the many reasons I NEVER read the game threads, during or after the game.

Reaction Score
While they all may have "come to play today", some were better at it than others. Stephanie certainly worked her butt off in the paint today, wonder why her teammates didn't get the ball to her more often. At the beginning of the season, the offense was supposed to pass through Stephanie.

Kiah was very good today, stepping in at a big time.

I continue to be disappointed in Caroline's shooting. Maybe you shouldn't do a Youtube video showing what an awesome shot you are...then we wouldn't be so disappointed when they don't go in during games.

Bria was great. KML was a freshman.

Tiff can't get it done in big games. We need to accept that. Now watch a MIRACLE happen at the last possible moment.....

I think they didn't take care of the ball, missed free throws and seemed to be intent on giving the game away.

Just my humble opinion. I usually don't mind if they win or lose, and I went into this game thinking they were going to lose, but I hate to see it happen this way.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I tend not to read game threads. I'll post occasionally but I'm doing what everyone else is doing: typing my unfiltered thoughts.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Just one of the many reasons I NEVER read the game threads, during or after the game.
That is very wise, and I usually do the same. But I violated that practice today, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
It's hard to suggest that anyone didn't "come to play," but fair to critique the performances of the players. I'm not surprised that they wilted under ND's pressure at the end. ND is an extremely difficult team to play, even more so at home. But I'm disappointed with it nonetheless.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Like the Baylor game, I felt the team was just holding on trying to get a win instead of taking the win. Never could get the big stop when it was critical. Also couldn't make a shot or more disappointing run effective offense when they needed a critical basket to insure the win. Lets face if, the ND guards outplayed UConn guards and had what it takes to win the game. Bria did all she could to will the team to victory. She needed one more player to step up on either the offensive or defensive end to get the win. Today she didn't have that player down the stretch.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
reading them hours later is very fun (I haven't read the 2nd half yet, will do when I need a good laugh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom