Who are you most excited to see play this year? | The Boneyard

Who are you most excited to see play this year?

Reaction Score
Some great new players, some sophomores that now have a season of experience, some people coming back from injury- is there one player that you really want to see what they can/will do this year?

There are so many! But, I’m most eager to see what Aubrey can do. Hope she is just as impactful as she was pre-injury & is a more complete offensive player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will go Azzi, Aubrey and Ice

Azzi because she is so fundamental and has a great economy of motion. Very aesthetic
Aubrey because of what she can do athletically. So unpredictable. A wild force of nature when healthy
Ice because I have a feeling she will be like Morgan Tuck. So versatile

Reaction Score
Aubrey because she was sorely missed last year.If she’s healthy and returns to form it’s like tossing a grenade on the court when she comes off the bench.
Amari because somehow there is more to her than we saw last year.
Lou2 because it is our only shot to see her and I want to see how she fits into Geno’s scheme.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Impossible. Simply impossible to pick one of these kids.

All the new kids from freshman to fifth year Senior. Pick one? Every one of these kids could become a starter or become a critical end of game player.

Azzie, Caroline, Dorka, Nika, coming back totally recovered from injury.

Aubrey. Aubrey didn't get to play last year and was missed. How well will her body work and how long will it take for her to trust her back even if she's totally recovered!

The kids coming back who wasn't dealing with injuries that kept them off the floor, how have they developed since last year?

I'm waiting because I have to. Looking forward to every single game.

Reaction Score
Happy to see the mention of Aubrey Griffin. Many have forgotten how as a freshman and in her 2nd year this young lady beat Seton Hall and Tennessee almost by herself. She was almost always on the court during the last 5 minutes of close games and Auriemma had her usually defending the opponents best scorer.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm always excited about precocious freshmen but it's a healthy Fudd that has my attention this season.
Alydar, pour me one of whatever you're having. Of course I want to see all of them, but....If I can only pick one player.....................
it's a "healthy" AZZI for me too. ;) Honorable mention to Aubrey, Ice, Ayanna and Lou.

39 calendar days and counting until the season opener (exhibition) between UConn and Kutztown St. :D 16 days to first night.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's a really tough question for me. I'm excited about all of them for different reasons. I think I'm most excited about the newbies--Lou, Ice, Yanna, and Ines--because we haven't seen them play for UConn yet. I think all will do well. I'm also excited to see Aubrey again. She's an impact player. I'm also excited about my girl, Azzi. She was good last year, but she's much better than she showed. I think she can play at Paige's level. Yeah, we'll miss Paige, but this team is really loaded.

Reaction Score
I'm excited about Ayanna. I'm thinking she will be the new Ucon star, aka, Maya, Stewie, Diana!!!!!

Reaction Score
cgshuskie, you and I may be in the minority, but Ayanna is a a blue chip, elite player. She very well may be the best prototypical power forward to come out of high school in many years.

Reaction Score
That's a really tough question for me. I'm excited about all of them for different reasons. I think I'm most excited about the newbies--Lou, Ice, Yanna, and Ines--because we haven't seen them play for UConn yet. I think all will do well. I'm also excited to see Aubrey again. She's an impact player. I'm also excited about my girl, Azzi. She was good last year, but she's much better than she showed. I think she can play at Paige's level. Yeah, we'll miss Paige, but this team is really loaded.
Yep, excited for all of them for different reasons

Aubrey - sincerely hope she can come back 100%
Lou - because it's her last time around (does Lou get a covid year?)
Azzi - could be a NPOY candidate.
Nika - to shut up the BY naysayers
Caroline - because she's always underrated
the newbies - new faces are always interesting
Amari - she's got to be better than what we saw last year
the kid from the Azores, well just because
AE and Dorka - leadership and breakout potential

Reaction Score
Just watched last year's Stanford game. That team was maybe elite 8 without Paige. No way they win NC State and Stanford without Paige. As good as this team is, they can't replace Paige. Our bigs rebounded but couldn't score against Brinks. Azzi was no where in sight for most of the game as they shut her down. They couldn't shut down Paige. One of our new players is going to have to be extremely good for us to have any chance. Or maybe a healthy Caroline. We need players who can score against top defenses and Paige was the unicorn. I would add that leaving Azzi at the 3 point line makes her very easy to shut down. Put the ball in her hands.

Reaction Score
Our sophomores. This season reminds me of when Samuelson and Collier were sophomores. We lost 4 of our top 6 players from last year, and have two rising sophomores who seem poised to lead the team.

After them, our freshman. In the turmoil of the Bueckers injury, I’ve almost forgotten that we have two top 5 recruits coming in. They have a chance to make a huge impact. Plus the unknown is always exciting.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We have expectations for all our girls, but the one I'm anxious to see is Lou. We needed a transfer that could help us on the perimeter and play major minutes. Lou is the one we got, so if she can provide us with the additional out shooting that we need, then I'm happy with the back court.
Obviously, I'm excited to see everyone, for all the reasons that have been posted previously. In other words, I am excited to see the entire "new" team that Geno has assembled. Go Huskies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fun read. Lots of good comments. I am surpised though at how many of you have bought in to a myth about one player. Great young lady, but far from excellent basketball skills.

Reaction Score
Peak Caroline: she blocks a shot and controls the ball, then immediately flings it down the court to a streaking teammate. She did stuff like this a few times last season. So crafty. I expect to see a lot more plays like this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom