Who are we rooting for tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who are we rooting for tonight

Reaction Score
I want a competitive game. I want both teams to have a good showing in the ncaa tournament and I'd prefer the league not have another Providence situation. I don't want either team questioning themself going into.the NCAA.

Beyond that I'm rooting for Nova a bit. Not hard. But a little. If UCONN is going to lose, I'd prefer we lose to the champ.

Reaction Score
I'm just watching to see how it plays out. The Friar fans must be wondering where all the Creighton misses were last night.

Reaction Score
Creighton. They are fun. Nova is really good but their style is frustrating and boring.

Reaction Score
Creighton can't buy a bucket. 0 for 9 from 3. 7 points the first 10 minutes

Reaction Score
Basketball is often just as much a game of chance. Live by the 3, die by the 3.

Reaction Score
Creighton is gunna win this game. Their guards are big and can't be exposed with simple iso plays as easily as ours.

Reaction Score
I base my rooting on how many punchable faces the team has. Nova only has Gillespie imo. The other dudes seem like good dudes. Creighton has kalkbrenner, O'Connell, Hawkins. All very punchable.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
meh we had a new winner last year
After how that worked out for Georgetown this year, Creighton wants no part of winning. And Nova is trying to frustrate. How better to explain the halftime score?
Creighton beat Nova by 20 at home, lost by 34 at Nova. So you take the difference and divide it by 2 to account for a neutral court :D
Underrated comment.

And finally, how did Creighton turn a 36-19 halftime lead at home into a 10 point loss to Xavier, who outscored them 55-28 in the second half? Xavier lost 8 of its next 11 games.

Reaction Score
Creighton I can’t stand to see that smug punk Gillespie raise that trophy
Listening to him in the line after the game- to Kaluma he said- "keep your head up"
And to O'Connell said - " go big or go home baby"

I was reading your post as the game was ending thinking to myself 'he's not smug' but he condescends with the best of them.

Reaction Score
Listening to him in the line after the game- to Kaluma he said- "keep your head up"

I was reading your post as the game was ending thinking to myself 'he's not smug' but he condescends with the best of them.
The hate for Gillespie is insane. He's the best player in the league, one of the best players in college ball, incredibly clutch, and he fought his way back after missing out on the tournament last year. He also always gives props to his opponents. There's nothing to hate about the kid.

Reaction Score

Would you prefer he flex, gesture to opposing fans and do pushups after a hoop like that Kiss from Bryant?

Reaction Score
Would you prefer he flex, gesture to opposing fans and do pushups after a hoop like that Kiss from Bryant?
I was giving him a compliment. He was very encouraging and sociable to every player in that line. the condescension comes from deserved confidence. He was encouraging but at the same time it came off like a big brother saying "you'll get there someday". But @superjohn is correct. I liked his intent and respect the hell out of his game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The hate for Gillespie is insane. He's the best player in the league, one of the best players in college ball, incredibly clutch, and he fought his way back after missing out on the tournament last year. He also always gives props to his opponents. There's nothing to hate about the kid.
I don’t get the hate for Gillespie either. It broke my heart when he missed th postseason last year with that knee injury

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom