who are the 3 unsanctioned teams? | The Boneyard

who are the 3 unsanctioned teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A recent WSJ article said that Penn St was "one of only four major-conference athletic programs never to have been sanctioned for major violations." Anyone know what the other 3 schools are?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I don't know who they are, but if true, it is telling. That means that some pretty high ranking academic institutions were sanctioned (Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Duke, Stanford, UVA, etc.) I think this says more about how petty the NCAA can be than anything.

Reaction Score
I don't know who they are, but if true, it is telling. That means that some pretty high ranking academic institutions were sanctioned (Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Duke, Stanford, UVA, etc.) I think this says more about how petty the NCAA can be than anything.

Wrong on Stanford... Northwestern is another... Won't give up the last because it makes me puke.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Wrong on Stanford... Northwestern is another... Won't give up the last because it makes me puke.

Well, I know its not BC...could it be the Cuse? Does this include bball? Because o don't recall the Huskies football team ever facing any sanctions.

Reaction Score
How about the BC point-shaving scandal? Or was that not under the scope of the NCAA?

Reaction Score
WSJ is wrong, wrong, wrong again. That article is full of wrong. The two schools are Penn State and Stanford. Guess which school was the last to drop off? You'll never guess!! It was----------------------UConn.

During the Nate Miles fiasco, there was an article that listed sanctions for ever single BCS school except for PSU, UConn and Stanford.

Reaction Score
How about the BC point-shaving scandal? Or was that not under the scope of the NCAA?

"Two of the schools on the innocents list, Boston College and Northwestern, have had players sentenced to jail time for their part in point-shaving scandals. Penn State's football team had a spate of player misbehavior around 2003 with at least 10 players getting arrested or being disciplined."

"Three of the four innocents from major conferences (Boston College, Northwestern and Stanford) have a built-in advantage: As private schools, they're not required to comply with the Freedom of Information Act—a tool reporters have used to uncover wrongdoing at some public institutions."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom