Who are our Leaders? | The Boneyard

Who are our Leaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm getting the vibe that Purvis and Cassell are our leaders. Purvis is no surprise, but Cassell is a little bit of a surprise. Is Cassell a little older than normal?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I hope that our on the court leader becomes Sterling Gibbs as I think that will be best for the team as a whole.

Reaction Score
I hope that our on the court leader becomes Sterling Gibbs as I think that will be best for the team as a whole.
I'm actually not that familiar with Gibbs game. I don't remember playing him from years past. I assume he can play though. I've watched most of the highlight reels since he joined our team.

Reaction Score
All I know is I hope Nolan is a captain. The kid flat out deserves it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm actually not that familiar with Gibbs game. I don't remember playing him from years past. I assume he can play though. I've watched most of the highlight reels since he joined our team.
He averaged 16.3 and nearly 4 assists a game in the Big East last year. He can play.

Reaction Score
Seems like we have a LOT of leaders on the team this year, and guys show it in different ways. Purvis definitely wants to be a leader, Brimah was a captain, Cassell at 23 is a little older, Gibbs and Miller have been around and played so I'm sure they'll bring it. I don't know who will exactly emerge as THE guy, but that seems to usually be determined by play on the court. Lots of leadership is a GREAT thing to have, and it's unsung guys like Neils Giffey in 2014 that can really make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

Reaction Score
All I know is I hope Nolan is a captain. The kid flat out deserves it.
Since you are not basing it on court performance then Calhoun must be considered, for he too is deserving.

Reaction Score
It shouldn't be based on court performance. It should be based on leadership.
Not disagreeing just saying Omar is not a quitter, team player and certainly has the most perseverance of any player on our roster. Captain qualities.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to think about Omar. He's definitely not a quitter. That is for sure. I'd love to see the players interact behind closed doors. Omar may be a little reserved. Tough to say though.

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing just saying Omar is not a quitter, team player and certainly has the most perseverance of any player on our roster. Captain qualities.

Absolutely.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Last year we would have had a hard time guessing a second leader, this year we have about 6 options. I think it will be a big plus for us. I don't see a prima donna in the bunch.

Reaction Score
Last year we would have had a hard time guessing a second leader, this year we have about 6 options. I think it will be a big plus for us. I don't see a prima donna in the bunch.
Agree a 100%

You have to really observe how the players carry themselves around one another to determine who are the leaders and captain material. This may be over simplifying it, but the leaders are the ones that their fellow team members naturally follow, and not necessarily among the best players on the team. Usually they are the type that know how to motivate and pick up your teammates when things are tough and lead the way to greatness, especially during winning time. They're usually starters, or at least players that are on the floor regularly. They are players that are all about team and winning. Shabazz Napier is one that really comes to mind in that regard. So who fits that description this season? I don't know. Amida seems like one that might fit that description.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Even if you only played in your driveway, you know what it is like to have a positive leader on your team. Pulls everyone together, positive, challenging when needed. You feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom