Who’s with me?! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who’s with me?!

Reaction Score
I would love for her to get control of her nerves fully and become a KML like deadly sharp shooter where we can get a 3 from her whenever needed. I loved that about KML.
Just don’t be holding your breath waiting, ain’t gonna happen.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I would love for her to get control of her nerves fully and become a KML like deadly sharp shooter where we can get a 3 from her whenever needed. I loved that about KML.
KML as a freshman hardly had nerves of steel. She could make 3-point shots, but she often had no idea where to be on the floor, and she made unrecoverable mistakes in a few overtime games. Anna has a better grasp of those things, but is not as reliable a shooter.

Could Anna eventually (i.e., in four years) become approximately as productive as KML or KLS? It's possible. She seems to have more mobility than KML, and can play better defense. If she gets to be as comfortable in the UConn offense as Kaleena and Lou eventually became, she could make a comparable contribution.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
With what we have coming in next year,we will have one amazing rotation,and Anna will definitely get her minutes.

Reaction Score
Once she stops traveling when inbounding the ball, I might think about comparing her to a former UConn great. I can't remember a previous time that a UConn player did that yet she has done it twice, by my count, already.
But I do believe that she is going to help this team tremendously.
Just habit [walking twice] from playing under a different set of rules in Europe, eh?

Reaction Score
Anna can easily give us 3 3 pointers a game and average close to double digit if she plays more aggressively and within our system. With our team she’ll get 5-6 open threes a game. As she gets better in defense I believe she would be a welcome fifth scorer for us. We are in desperate need of another person who can give us 8-12 points a game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just habit [walking twice] from playing under a different set of rules in Europe, eh?
So in European leagues a player inbounding the ball on a dead ball situation can run the baseline as they can if a basket was made?
I have never watched a European, Chinese or Australian league WBB game.

Reaction Score
So in European leagues a player inbounding the ball on a dead ball situation can run the baseline as they can if a basket was made?
I have never watched a European, Chinese or Australian league WBB game.
So i m told ...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So i m told ...
Then I retract my comment about her traveling, as has been stated, that has got to be a very hard adjustment to make for someone that has been doing it or watching it for the vast majority of her career.
Thanks @Jingo .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If it was ,he/she is very confused. Maybe confused with Kyra Sedgwick who starred in "The Closer". Ms Makurat , not Ms Irwin, sure closed out the first half in last night's game! BTW, Kyrie Irving scored 32 last night.
If kyla Irwin is ever connected to Kyrie Irving, I would sue for defamation

Reaction Score
KML as a freshman hardly had nerves of steel. She could make 3-point shots, but she often had no idea where to be on the floor, and she made unrecoverable mistakes in a few overtime games. Anna has a better grasp of those things, but is not as reliable a shooter.

Could Anna eventually (i.e., in four years) become approximately as productive as KML or KLS? It's possible. She seems to have more mobility than KML, and can play better defense. If she gets to be as comfortable in the UConn offense as Kaleena and Lou eventually became, she could make a comparable contribution.

Makurat and KML are not even in the same stratosphere as being similar players! KML led UConn in scoring and was 3rd in rebounds as a freshman, Makurat is only averaging 5pts and 4 rbs. KML was/is/will always be the best 3 point jump shooter in WCBB history, she was just that good. Defenses would gameplan specifically for her, they would face guard her, they tried box and 1s, they tried doubling her all over the court, and she still was able to make jump shots! Makurat is a solid player and is getting better every game, but she will never be close to being as good as KML.

Reaction Score
KML couldn't create her own shot. Neither could KLS. Point is Anna is no slower than either of them. Not sure i get the obsession some fans have (not you) with "creating your own shot". The players who can are quick guards like Crystal, Christyn, etc.
Katie Lou couldn't create her own shot ???

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Katie Lou couldn't create her own shot ???
Not without someone setting a screen for her. She lacks lateral quickness and isn't fast enough to do jab steps to fake out defenders. I mean she's not awful at it, but when i think of players who can create their own shots, I think of Chennedy Carter or Ionescu - kids who are athletic enough to create enough space by faking out their defender to get an open shot.

KML actually has quicker feet than Lou IMHO, but neither of them thrive off creating their own shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom