Who’s with me?! | The Boneyard

Who’s with me?!

Reaction Score
From the moment she stepped on the court, even when her shots weren’t falling, I said to myself this girl is going to be gold. That opinion hasn’t changed. She can shoot threes with KLS (my favorite player), pass even better, and is pursuing rebounds earlier in her career, and plays defense far better.

Reaction Score
Anna needs to shoot the open 3s when she gets them. Her first instinct is to take a quick step/dribble or pass. The defense needs to be kept honest or they will keep clogging the middle.

Reaction Score
Not so fast people....with EW coming back and hopefully MW also and PB coming she won't be a starter ...and she has yet to create her own shot.....
I agree. I see Anna staying for maybe one more year before going pro in her country. I would love for her to stay for 4 years because I believe her game will evolve even more under Geno. If anything, Anna, knowing EW would probably start (had EW's waiver been accepted) this year, still came to Uconn. Think of the experience Anna will be bringing to her national team after Uconn. It's a win/win for her

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not so fast people....with EW coming back and hopefully MW also and PB coming she won't be a starter ...and she has yet to create her own shot.....
KML couldn't create her own shot. Neither could KLS. Point is Anna is no slower than either of them. Not sure i get the obsession some fans have (not you) with "creating your own shot". The players who can are quick guards like Crystal, Christyn, etc.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Once she stops traveling when inbounding the ball, I might think about comparing her to a former UConn great. I can't remember a previous time that a UConn player did that yet she has done it twice, by my count, already.
But I do believe that she is going to help this team tremendously.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Geno was extremely complimentary of Makarat in his post presser. He said Kyra hasn’t performed as well in the last 2 weeks and hasn’t been shooting well. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ania starting again soon.
Kyra???? :)

Reaction Score
Following in the recent footprints of Kia Nurse, I predict Anna M is gonna be a star; a star with whom we are destined to admire and, maybe, even fall in love. WHO’S WITH ME, PEOPLE? WHO’S WITH ME?!!
Kia Nurse was brilliant from the first tip-off in her freshman year. So there is no chance Ania matches Kia's footprint. If she returns next season, however, re-sculpted as Megan Walker did, I might believe you as to future stardom.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It's the Irving thing that threw him/her I expect.
If it was ,he/she is very confused. Maybe confused with Kyra Sedgwick who starred in "The Closer". Ms Makurat , not Ms Irwin, sure closed out the first half in last night's game! BTW, Kyrie Irving scored 32 last night.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
As a side note on the Anna graphic above, 183 cm = 6.00394 ft. Listed as 6'1" in roster. That's last inch is a real stretch from .00394 feet! ;) (Note: I think this is a common practice of a generous round up for the height of most BB players)

Reaction Score
May be ridiculed here but I would love to see the coaching staff move Dangerfield off the ball to a more attacking / creating wing position and let Makurat and Williams initiate the offense. Dangerfield to me is a premier scorer and creator in a point guards body. To date myself, when she is in that mode she reminds me of the great Calvin Murphy.

Reaction Score
I’m with you, but it’s going to take some time. She will be much better next year I think.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of talk about Anna staying only a year or two. Look at her sister. She starred two years at Liberty, did a redshirt, and is a frequently used reserve at Utah. She could be playing internationally but she chose to look for a more competitive college team. Sure, the competition for playing time at UConn is greater than at Utah but consider this: Stevens was a first round draft choice as UConn’s 6th, a role Anna might fill next year. Or, as good as she is as a first year player, how much better might she be as a sophomore, a junior, a senior? Maybe it will be the newcomers who will be battling for that 6th spot while Anna starts. I don’t think Oregon was recruiting Anna as a one or two year player.

Reaction Score
I've liked her from the very start - despite her struggles. She's tenacious with a strong, positive, attitude - love her. So..... I'M WITH YOU....!

I’m with you Scud49 - never miss an opportunity to post an Animal House video !

Reaction Score
I would love for her to get control of her nerves fully and become a KML like deadly sharp shooter where we can get a 3 from her whenever needed. I loved that about KML.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom