Who’s winning the portal? | The Boneyard

Who’s winning the portal?

Reaction Score
Still miles to go, but as of now.

And I mean counting transfers In AND out.

Ohio St seems like an early leader with Gray and Petty in, and 2 minor players plus 1 medium player out.

Texas was doing pretty well but just had a notable out transfer.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Ohio State and Kentucky, I'd say (as of today).

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Kentucky, I'd say (as of today).
Kentucky lost most of its roster, including Petty, Scherr.
Great pickups but those are pretty big losses.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Me.
portal 2 nerd GIF

Reaction Score

Ohio St seems like an early leader with Gray and Petty in, and 2 minor players plus 1 medium player out.

At this point, I think it’s really who is losing more than winning. Ha

Reaction Score
LSU loading up and looking like they are treating this portal like it is personal!

Reaction Score
The portal is the beast that gives first, then takes way more than you got. Once you sell your soul to the portal devil and show your recruits you have no loyalty to them they will return the favor and have none for you. UConn has no problems getting top players to come to Storrs and that is why I am so opposed to bringing in other teams defections.

The real winner is the team that doesn't lose any to the portal and doesn't take any from the portal. Coaches need to develop their players or just do better recruiting because the portal isn't a good solution.

Reaction Score
The portal is the beast that gives first, then takes way more than you got. Once you sell your soul to the portal devil and show your recruits you have no loyalty to them they will return the favor and have none for you. UConn has no problems getting top players to come to Storrs and that is why I am so opposed to bringing in other teams defections.

The real winner is the team that doesn't lose any to the portal and doesn't take any from the portal. Coaches need to develop their players or just do better recruiting because the portal isn't a good solution.
How bad would the 2023 UConn team have been without Dorka and Lou?

Reaction Score
And that was the case in 2020 and 2021. What's the point you're trying to make here? :rolleyes:
UConn also has the #1 player in the class of 2015, 2017, 2018 on top of 2020 and 2021.
I have no points for this just telling the truth and you have any problems with that? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

UCLA has entered the chat .

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score

The portal is absolutely a solution. This is the era of the portal. If you use it wisely to fill a gap, then it will get you a national title. South Carolina did it with Gray and Davis in 2017 and last year with Cardosa and Pao Pao. You have to be selective and pick players that fit the system, but you need to always keep it on the table. Dawn uses it with one...maybe 2 players a cycle. They are mostly "one and done" so the players there don't see it as a problem. The right fit that meshes with the team equal success. End of story.

Reaction Score
UConn also has the #1 player in the class of 2015, 2017, 2018 on top of 2020 and 2021.
I have no points for this just telling the truth and you have any problems with that? :rolleyes:
Yes, you're telling the truth, but your post implied that with the #1 ranked 2024 player that UConn is winning it all. That didn't happen then nor in 2017 or 2018. If you were aiming at sarcasm, it didn't come across that way.

I'd say the same to fans who boast about having the best class coming in or transfer portal pick ups. These rankings aren't panning out like they used to for programs due to the current landscape of NCAAW.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not sure I'd make a guess until the end of next season. LSU was seen as one of the winners of the portal this past year (Hailey Van Lith, Morrow), and yet, they only made it to the elite 8. USC had five transfers in, notably 3 Ivy grad transfers, and only made it to the E8. In the final four, UConn & Iowa had no transfers in , NCSU had 2, and S Carolina only had one transfer (Paopao).

Reaction Score
Not sure I'd make a guess until the end of next season. LSU was seen as one of the winners of the portal this past year (Hailey Van Lith, Morrow), and yet, they only made it to the elite 8. USC had five transfers in, notably 3 Ivy grad transfers, and only made it to the E8. In the final four, UConn & Iowa had no transfers in , NCSU had 2, and S Carolina only had one transfer (Paopao).
To say USC "only" made it to the Elite 8 doesn't provide proper context. Considering where USC was the previous season, making it to the Elite 8 was a huge accomplishment and the transfers who came in helped with this. For their program, their efforts in the transfer portal paid off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom