Who’s guarding whom | The Boneyard

Who’s guarding whom

Reaction Score
Yeah I think a zone makes sense, since they’re a poor outside shooting team. Clog up the middle

Reaction Score
Baylor is not a poor outside shooting team; they're a fair outside shooting team who doesn't like to take many threes (Caitlin Clark has made more threes than the entire Baylor team). Don't assume they won't shoot threes against Connecticut if it seems necessary.

Reaction Score
Baylor is not a poor outside shooting team; they're a fair outside shooting team who doesn't like to take many threes (Caitlin Clark has made more threes than the entire Baylor team). Don't assume they won't shoot threes against Connecticut if it seems necessary.
They make 3.6 3PTs a game so I wouldn’t expect them to show up and all of a sudden go off from the perimeter.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
My guess is they play zone and leave Richards completely unguarded. It was almost cringe at times how open she was from like 6 feet and she had no interest in shooting.

On the flip side, I'd look for Moon to guard Bueckers, Carrington to guard Westbrook, Richards on Williams, Smith on ONO and Egbo on Edwards. ONO really operates more as a high post forward offensively with Edwards in the lineup, and Edwards is the physical scorer in the post. Egbo vs Edwards is the big matchup to watch IMO, since productivity from that spot will be very important for both squads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom