Who’s going to be our back up PG next year? | The Boneyard

Who’s going to be our back up PG next year?

Reaction Score
Now that Nurse is gone we’re going to need a back up point guard and I don’t see anyone else on our roster who can handle the point right now. I just don’t see Molly as being able to do it well. Any ideas?

Reaction Score
Could have been Andra Espinoza Hunter, but she is now MSS bound

I don't know that UConn even needs a specific back up point guard as the play "positionless" ball......... AEH is not really a point guard but if you think she could have done it then Christyn Williams surely can.............if Coombs is still around perhaps she'll be given 4-5 minutes a game...............

Reaction Score
We don’t have one nor need one. Kia wasn’t a PG and did fine. MW & CW can handle the ball if needed. It’s not hard to dribble the ball up the court, we just won’t have someone to create shots so will rely on offensive sets unless Lou or Pheesa develop their handle this offseason.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We don’t have one nor need one. Kia wasn’t a PG and did fine. MW & CW can handle the ball if needed. It’s not hard to dribble the ball up the court, we just won’t have someone to create shots so will rely on offensive sets unless Lou or Pheesa develop their handle this offseason.

Walker would get shredded trying to be a ball-handler against any kind of decent pressure. Nor would Geno want her initiating offense.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Now that Nurse is gone we’re going to need a back up point guard and I don’t see anyone else on our roster who can handle the point right now. I just don’t see Molly as being able to do it well. Any ideas?

I think Coombs will surprise you next year, if she bounces back from injury....

Reaction Score
I agree with some of the points made above, Walker isn’t a ball handling guard, that’s why I see her as more of a back up for both forward position next year. And Williams is the type of guard Uconn hasn’t had in a long long time, someone who can create for herself and her teammates, Jefferson was close, but she wasn’t a big time scorer.

Reaction Score
I dont know if you can say walker cant dribble the ball she never had to and i think she will for sure start next year;she has talent we havnt begun too see,

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I dont know if you can say walker cant dribble the ball she never had to and i think she will for sure start next year;she has talent we havnt begun too see,

Having seen her with the US amateur teams and during AAU ball, I feel confident in saying ball-handling is way down the list of Megan Walker's strengths.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I certainly hope it's Mikayla. Recall Geno said last fall something to the effect that the sky's the limit for her.

I'm not a doctor and have not played one on TV, but I am under the impression that a blood clot like this is something you can recover completely from.

Reaction Score
We need a backup GUARD, one that can play defense. Don't see anyone currently that fills this role.

Reaction Score
So long as Coombs is healthy, she will be Crystal’s backup. While Mikayla’s shot is a little funky, she has a good handle and plays solid defense.
Thank you- Perhaps we should trust The coaches’ judgement in recruiting a top player who has skill and athleticism, who struggled through freshman year, but will probably make a leap over the summer and return a good player. I mean, remember Crystal?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Let's be honest the only locks for next year are the 2 forwards

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member